limpid

Not good, but at least still level. Would expect to see Crespo off for Grealish as the formation hasn't really helped either defensively or attacking. Ayew for Sinclair and Gil for one of the central 3 would be options too, though maybe not straight away.

Guzan, Richards and Veretout all had decent half. Most of the others, not so much. Really need a result here, however we can.

Westwood and Veretout are looking good in midfield... but without offering much going forward.

It's not easy for our midfielders to create anything when the gameplan is long ball and we constantly have Gestede coming deep and Sinclair making runs beyond him even when we are playing it on the deck, clueless and so one dimensional.

Edited by Bunnski

Gana has been awful and we are a mess at the back. Gestede is appalling on the ground. Terrible stuff. Time to bring on gil and grealish.

Agreed, but the fact we don't even start Gil and Grealish is just baffling.

Not great. Not sure what subs to make as we cant make 5-6 changes.

I guess one of the back four should come off to get Grealish on. Probably Lescott as he is absolutely awful. Take his mate Sinclair off and bring on Ayew. I would take of Gueye for Gil. Just go for it now.. they dont have any steel in their midfield nor are they tracking back down the right handside.

Why is he playing such a defensive side at home ?

When at home we need to go at them with our offensive players.

because he hasn't got a clue what he's doing....total muppet...Charlie Big Spuds

can see West Ham coming back and beating Sunderland. City will beat Newcastle in the end. We just need a goal from somewhere and all will be ok. *crawls back into fetal position*

• Like 1

Veretout has been excellent. Terrific energy. Richards and Hutton playing well. The rest of them pretty much average.

I think that's a bit OTT. Veretout has been decent. It was a great run into their box but hasn't been that great in possession otherwise. The rest haven't been average, unless you mean average by Championship standards, then I'd agree.

Actually, I think you have been way over the top. You were slagging Crespo off after 20 mins into his debut!!! How many games has Veretout played in this league? I stick by my post. I think Veretout has been really good first half. 

I've watched the game and havn't seen the stats - but it seems very much 50/50 to me. 

Our midfield 3 are doing ok - a decent mix and they all show a bit of ambition to get forward. 

I guess the change at some point will be to take off Crespo and bring on Grealish or Gil. My half time change would be to bring Ayew on for Sinclair though.

Nil-nil stops the rot for us, but it still not enough - we need a win today.

7 attempts to our 1 

46% v 54% possession

• Like 1

Based on how the game is going, I think it would be an error to bring on both Grealish and Gil at half time. We are well in the game with our midfield 3. The half time change should be Sinclair off and Ayew on. Everyone else has done ok.

I've watched the game and havn't seen the stats - but it seems very much 50/50 to me. 

Our midfield 3 are doing ok - a decent mix and they all show a bit of ambition to get forward. 

I guess the change at some point will be to take off Crespo and bring on Grealish or Gil. My half time change would be to bring Ayew on for Sinclair though.

Nil-nil stops the rot for us, but it still not enough - we need a win today.

7 attempts to our 1 

46% v 54% possession

Do you think 7 attempts to 1 actually indicates how the game has gone?

I would say we have been marginally the better team.