The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

They're **** at it again, doing they best to stop kids being fed. Read the **** room.

If only they were so committed to saving money in other areas.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/jan/14/schools-in-england-told-not-to-provide-free-school-meals-at-half-term

Headteachers in England have been told not to provide either free school meal vouchers or food parcels for disadvantaged children over the half-term holiday next month, it has emerged.

With the dust barely settled following a furious row this week over substandard food parcels, the government appeared to be heading into yet another damaging dispute over children going hungry during the holidays.

Fresh guidance from the Department for Education (DfE) published this week states: Schools do not need to provide lunch parcels or vouchers during the February half-term.” Instead, it says there is already wider government support available to support families and children outside of term-time through the Covid winter grant scheme.

The government set up the £170m winter package last November, following an earlier intervention by the footballer and anti-poverty campaigner Marcus Rashford, who has already forced the government into a series of U-turns over free school meals.

4th time's a charm, eh fellas? I reckon the only reason the PL is still playing is so that Rashford is kept busy.

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Just... How socially unaware is it possible for an actual human person to be?

What, in the blue word removed, is word removed that?!? 

Do they all look like villains from really poor American 80s sitcoms? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Perpetuating further culture war as a distraction.

I **** hate this Government. 

Revisionist Purge of road names? The only place I'm aware of this happening in some form is Liverpool, where they aren't changing the names of the roads at all, just erecting plaques explaining who the road is named after and their associaton with the Slave Trade

It's legislating for something that isn't happening

And names of roads get changed quite a lot throughout history

Also it appears to be National Government geting involved in local politics for no apparent reason other than to create headlines

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just Tory things. Slash benefits. Hear the opposition argue against it. Doctor video to smear them by claiming they want to cut benefits even more.

As always they are shameless scumbags. They play a rigged game of bullshit aided and abetted by their oligarch mates in the Sun/Express/Mail/Telegraph square of propaganda lameness. The newspapers are perhaps beside the point as this is obviously a tweet, but it's all part of the same bullshitting process: most corrupt states have to win control of the press. These words removed didn't even have to bother.

Edited by Rolta

Dido Harding’s Test and Trace system is splashing out nearly a million pounds every day to private consultancy firm Deloitte, newly-released government figures have revealed.

David William’s, a top-ranking civil servant at the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), told MPs on Monday that 900 of the firm’s consultants were currently employed – at a rate of £1,000 per day. 

The disclosure of the astonishing level of expenditure comes after parliamentarians were told that DHSC expected to spend £15 billion on coronavirus in the next three months on testing alone – particularly the rollout of controversial rapid testing – to tackle the pandemic. 

It emerged last year that more than a thousand consultants from Deloitte had been hired by the government – but Williams’ admission to the Commons Public Accounts Committee is the first time the true cost has become clear.

“The latest number I’ve got suggests that’s come down to around 900 [consultants],” he told the committee. “We have a plan in place to see that number reduce markedly over the course of the next few months, although there is a dependency on our ability to backfill a number of the roles they are currently doing with permanent civil servants.

“The average cost across our consultancy support, I imagine it’s about the same for Deloitte, is around £1,000 pounds a day.”

‘All that combined expertise’

Giving evidence to MPs, Harding defended her reliance on consultants. “I think it is appropriate to build a service in extreme emergency circumstances using short-term contingent labour and consultants for some of those roles,” she said.

“I think they’ve done very important work alongside the public servants, the military, the healthcare professionals and members of the private sector who have come and joined us as well. We couldn’t have built the service without all of that combined expertise.”

Shadow Cabinet Office minister Rachel Reeves told HuffPost: “It is scandalous that this incompetent Tory government has chosen to waste enormous sums of public money on 900 management consultants paid £1,000 a day rather than put public health teams in charge of contact tracing like other countries have.

London Economic

Filth at the trough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â