The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

They u-turned again, already.

Vouchers back in next week

Thanks to the Taxpayers Alliance (I’m sure they were outraged by this..) and Starmer for all their hard work on this..... Disgusting it takes a footballer to get involved in his own time to sort this out quickly. 

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Thanks to the Taxpayers Alliance (I’m sure they were outraged by this..) and Starmer for all their hard work on this..... Disgusting it takes a footballer to get involved in his own time to sort this out quickly. 

The world we live in. 
If Starmer had made a big fuss it would have washed over most people and the Tories.

Rashford, or other famous celebrity starts making a noise and it become something they cannot ignore.

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

The world we live in. 
If Starmer had made a big fuss it would have washed over most people and the Tories.

Rashford, or other famous celebrity starts making a noise and it become something they cannot ignore.

As it currently stands Starmer's record of saying that the Government should be doing X, the government then saying No (because Starmer said it) then U-turning in very short time is almost impeccable during the pandemic

Starmer has held some opinions I'm critical of during this (mainly the schools) but in terms of being ahead of the Tory Curve, he's been there nearly every time

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just coming to post that. 

Wonder how many people are embarrassed they voted for these fools.

Do they need to be embarrassed? I think the Venn diagram of "Tory voters" and "people who give a toss about children being hungry" are just two separate circles.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

“but Corbyn”

... is actually more of a ditherer than even Johnson. Struggled to make even the most mundane of decisions, even his friends on the left have written about it in their books

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

... is actually more of a ditherer than even Johnson. Struggled to make even the most mundane of decisions, even his friends on the left have written about it in their books

That may well be true and probably is. Unfortunately based on a small number of conversations I’ve had, people seem to use the “but Corbyn” argument to at least temper or even remove all blame of those in charge. 

Seemingly someone’s hypothetical failings are as significant to some as the failings that have actually taken place.

42 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Do they need to be embarrassed? I think the Venn diagram of "Tory voters" and "people who give a toss about children being hungry" are just two separate circles.

Agreed but you'd think they'd be embarrassed by the U turns and just the refusal to answer questions or accept any responsibility. 

He squirms and acts like a child who knows they've done wrong but is determined to never admit it. If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable how the a high ranking member of the government has acted to a reasonable question on national TV. 

And he knows nothing bad will come of it. He'd rather embarrassing videos circulate on social media than of a clip of him admitting he was wrong. Its so **** up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Agreed but you'd think they'd be embarrassed by the U turns and just the refusal to answer questions or accept any responsibility. 

He squirms and acts like a child who knows they've done wrong but is determined to never admit it. If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable how the a high ranking member of the government has acted to a reasonable question on national TV. 

And he knows nothing bad will come of it. He'd rather embarrassing videos circulate on social media than of a clip of him admitting he was wrong. Its so **** up. 

Imagine how much people’s opinion of him would rise if he said he was wrong to vote against it, it was a mistake. Now he’s delighted it’s up and running.

He won’t, because he is happy with his vote and only fronting this up because he has to. 
Scum of the earth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

That may well be true and probably is. Unfortunately based on a small number of conversations I’ve had, people seem to use the “but Corbyn” argument to at least temper or even remove all blame of those in charge. 

Seemingly someone’s hypothetical failings are as significant to some as the failings that have actually taken place.

I also see it as the reverse, when I see it used its also a "you should have voted for Corbyn", it's not to absolve this government its to blame people for not voting for Corbyn at the election not absolving this shower for being shit.

In my opinion at the last election were were faced with a choice of this dithering turd or that dithering turd. In the current circumstances one is demonstrably useless the other would have (IMO obviously) have been just as useless. But anyway, lets not get hung up on Corbyn, he's gone and needs to be forgotten. The whole yeah but Corbyn thing needs to be put in the bin, right now its as relevant as 1066

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I think people are missing the most important part of this - where is the door to the weird red box he's sitting in?

Does he climb in through a hatch in the roof?

You might say Piers has backed him into a corner. 

It's just absolutely shameless isn't it. Imagine having an interview with Piers Morgan and being the biggest word removed on that call. 

People will still vote for them, because they don't care. I don't think anyone wants kids to go hungry. They just don't care enough to want to pay for it. Out of sight, out of mind. 

Edited by Davkaus

Â