The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

I don’t want to piss on anyone’s chips, but there is nothing wrong with the picture. The cord is pointing directly towards the mirror at the same angle the camera is looking at it. 

don’t make me draw more vanishing points 😂

I don't believe you. Do it.

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

good thing i don’t have anything better to do!

CDC42-C07-A09-E-44-A5-A725-87-F6-B9-E279

this is the scene. what you see in the mirror is from the perspective of the blue lines on the right hand side. as you can see, the phone cord would go straight down by boris’ body, the exact opposite of what you see with his arm which now looks outstretched.

You didn't make that - that's just the VAR lines from the Mings incident

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, a m ole said:

this is the scene. what you see in the mirror is from the perspective of the blue lines on the right hand side. as you can see, the phone cord would go straight down by boris’ body, the exact opposite of what you see with his arm which now looks outstretched.

The thumbs up!

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

Talking about "The Call", my recollection is that its usually the day after or two days after the UK PM gets a chance to speak to the President, we seem to have slipped down the pecking order somewhat

Who got in before us?

I remember from previous presidential appointments the order of who gets to speak to him first is a big thing.

38 minutes ago, a m ole said:

image.jpeg.ca1b1f7b6079f31ff1337a03b3d6e427.jpeg

• Like 1

Fairly sure I said this was illegal at the time

Tory party illegally collected data on ethnicity of 10m voters, MPs told

Information commissioner says data was voluntarily deleted amid concerns about ‘weak’ enforcement

The Conservative party acted illegally when it collected data on the ethnic backgrounds of 10 million voters before the 2019 general election, the information commissioner has told a committee of MPs.

However, Elizabeth Denham insisted there had been no need to issue an enforcement notice against the party, as it had voluntarily deleted the data it held after a “recommendation” from her office.

Answering questions at a digital, culture, media and sport select committee meeting on Tuesday morning, Denham said that the Conservatives’ collection of estimated data on voters’ ethnic origin, religion, and country of birth had no legal basis.

“We made the recommendation that they destroy the data because they didn’t have a legal basis to collect it,” she said, adding, under sustained questioning from the SNP MP John Nicolson: “It was illegal to collect the ethnicity data.”

Guardian (more on link)

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Speaking of the inhuman UK asylum system, have you seen this story?

No, I hadn't.

Isn't Napier barracks the place where they sent about eight police to threaten to fine two people who were out exercising with a banner because protesting is against the regulations (though they were walking and exercising whilst doing it)?

Â