The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

51 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

See, I genuinely don't care about him looking a bit scruffy. It's the same as Michael Foot's duffel coat, Corbyn's wonky glasses and Abbott's shoes. It's all irrelevant, provided they can do their jobs. Blojo can't. 

I certainly don't think it would make my top 20 problems with him.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It would be far less annoying if it wasn’t so deliberate.

To be perfectly honest, I think it's probably the most genuine thing about him. As a self identified scruffy git, I don't think you can fake it that well

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

To be perfectly honest, I think it's probably the most genuine thing about him. As a self identified scruffy git, I don't think you can fake it that well

He must have someone who follows him around making sure he looks ok for TV etc so why don’t they comb his hair? It looks like a deliberate attempt to look a bit, harmless.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

He must have someone who follows him around making sure he looks ok for TV etc so why don’t they comb his hair? It looks like a deliberate attempt to look a bit, harmless.

If I had such a person, I'd look my scruffy self in under two minutes normally

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

See, I genuinely don't care about him looking a bit scruffy. It's the same as Michael Foot's duffel coat, Corbyn's wonky glasses and Abbott's shoes. It's all irrelevant, provided they can do their jobs. Blojo can't. 

Indeed. Though as @bannedfromHandVsays, it's clearly deliberate - a false impression for effect. Another little signifier of untrustworthiness, perhaps?

• Like 3

On 24/11/2020 at 20:24, Davkaus said:

The state of this prick giving a national address. You're not on HIGNFY now, you're the Prime Minister, comb your **** hair and put some collar bones in. 

kKqJEOP.png

It almost as someone is doing that balloon static thing just out of shot to him 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I have read that it is a deliberate look he puts on for his public appearances.

Having said that, nearly everyone 'puts on a look' one way or the other when presenting to large groups of unfamiliar people. Usually for polititians it's a suit and tie in an attempt to look like they know what they are doing and are meant to be there  😁 

Edited by LondonLax

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I have read that it is a deliberate look he puts on for his public appearances.

Having said that, nearly everyone 'puts on a look' one way or the other when presenting to large groups of unfamiliar people. Usually for polititians it's a suit and tie in an attempt to look like they know what they are doing and are meant to be there  😁 

I wouldn't deny he "plays it up" but I also think it comes naturally to him too. He is too good at it for it not to be, unless this is actually his real talent but I doubt it

'The Tory election commitment to deliver “gigabit-capable” broadband to every home and company across the UK within five years was a landmark pledge, bringing forward by eight years a similar goal of predecessor Theresa May.

[...]

The broadband pledge was first made in his speech on the steps of Downing Street when he first took office. He had ridiculed May’s own 2033 timetable as “laughably unambitious”.

[...]

But buried in this week’s spending review was a sharp drop in planned spending. The accompanying National Infrastructure Strategy confirmed the target of 100% of homes with superfast broadband by 2025 had been watered down to a “minimum of 85% coverage” by that date.'

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'The Tory election commitment to deliver “gigabit-capable” broadband to every home and company across the UK within five years was a landmark pledge, bringing forward by eight years a similar goal of predecessor Theresa May.

[...]

The broadband pledge was first made in his speech on the steps of Downing Street when he first took office. He had ridiculed May’s own 2033 timetable as “laughably unambitious”.

[...]

But buried in this week’s spending review was a sharp drop in planned spending. The accompanying National Infrastructure Strategy confirmed the target of 100% of homes with superfast broadband by 2025 had been watered down to a “minimum of 85% coverage” by that date.'

With the damage the COVID response has done to the coffers I imagine a lot of ambitious election pledges will be quietly dropped. 

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

With the damage the COVID response has done to the coffers I imagine a lot of ambitious election pledges will be quietly dropped. 

They were, of course, looking for absolutely any excuse not to do this, which they only promised in the first place to neutralise Labour's own broadband commitments.

• Like 1

Â