The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I’ve said it for months and months, we are living in one of those periods of time that will be studied by history and politics students for generations to come.

And I’m even more convinced that we are witnessing the death of the Tory Party as we know it.

You have indeed been saying it, Bicks - consistently. For a long time I thought you were being overly optimistic. The Death of the Conservative Party has been predicted many times before - 1997 looked like it might have been it - but they've always bounced  back, like a recurring and incurable dose of malaria. 

This time, I'm starting to think you may be right. I sincerely hope so. 

• Like 2

The difference now is in the utter uselessness of their main players. 

Back in the day, they were never nice people, and they always stood for a political philosophy which I detested. But the likes of Macmillan, Heath, Heseltine, Hurd, Clarke, Major - yes, even Thatcher - had a degree of intelligence and competence in implementing their nasty policies. Even a slightly warped sense of honour. 

The current lot are not merely nasty, they're blatantly corrupt, downright thick and laughably inept. I have little hope that Labour will be much better, but I fervently want to see the demise of this despicable bunch. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

The difference now is in the utter uselessness of their main players. 

Back in the day, they were never nice people, and they always stood for a political philosophy which I detested. But the likes of Macmillan, Heath, Heseltine, Hurd, Clarke, Major - yes, even Thatcher - had a degree of intelligence and competence in implementing their nasty policies. Even a slightly warped sense of honour. 

The current lot are not merely nasty, they're blatantly corrupt, downright thick and laughably inept. I have little hope that Labour will be much better, but I fervently want to see the demise of this despicable bunch. 

Are they more blatantly corrupt or have they just never changed and updated with the times and these things are now more traceable.

Now you can google a company and quickly find the links between them where this wasnt as easily found back in their time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I’ve said it for months and months, we are living in one of those periods of time that will be studied by history and politics students for generations to come.

And I’m even more convinced that we are witnessing the death of the Tory Party as we know it.

Globally

• Like 2

He’s sat down all day and thought about this…

This is a crafted thread they’ve spent ages on and he repeats himself 

“They refused to meet our defence spending pledge” more than once

as far as I’m aware Labour has committed to raising defence spending to the 2.5% required by NATO, it just hasn’t committed to the Tories vision of it

Im also unaware of the Tories funding plans for anything, Labour has done far more in that regard than him.

It’s just scare the grannies nonsense and appears to have been written by a VIth Former on a work experience day.

Tories to bring back National Service. I was going to vote Labour, but **** it. That's swayed me. 

• Haha 3

You know that demographic that are well known as the ones who can’t be arsed voting… yeah they might be arsed now

Can't see their parents being to happy about it either.

What about all the young people that work in retail and hospitality… yeah those businesses will love this.

Might as well chalk off a few more middle class constituencies with this one

• Like 4

I know one group that will be **** chuffed to the moon with this. The army.

If there is one thing the army has been crying out for, its da yoot of Croydon and Wolverhampton and Free Derry to be delivered to them for training.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I know one group that will be **** chuffed to the moon with this. The army.

If there is one thing the army has been crying out for, its da yoot of Croydon and Wolverhampton and Free Derry to be delivered to them for training.

Not Wolverhampton.. Nobody wants them. Not even **** Wolves. 

Only 7% of 17-24 year olds are predicted to vote Conservative. I expect his next policy idea will be executing under 18s.

What's his plan when people say no? Put them into the prisons that are so full that they're allowing early release of violent offenders?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Only 7% of 17-24 year olds are predicted to vote Conservative. I expect his next policy idea will be executing under 18s.

What's his plan when people say no? Put them into the prisons that are so full that they're allowing early release of violent offenders?

There is no plan. It's irrelevant. They are just soundbytes for the mental grassroots brigade 

They know they're losing. They know they're never going to have to implement it. But a bunch of Gammons who are a billion miles from qualifying for it will spaff themselves stupid at the thought of it. 

Absolute batshit from the party that didn’t think Brexit was mental enough.

It was mad when I thought it was a 2-4 week basic training… but A YEAR, jesus wept. 

A conundrum for all those “I will vote Tory cos I always voted Tory” that have children or grandchildren.

Mr Sunak said: “This is a great country but generations of young people have not had the opportunities or experience they deserve”

That’ll be Brexit mate

link

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

A conundrum for all those “I will vote Tory cos I always voted Tory” that have children or grandchildren.

Not really. They'll lap it up. They've seen the kids on the tablets.

This'll stiffen them up. Give them backbone. Any forriners they have to fight won't like it up em and it'll be over by Christmas.    Etc. 

• Like 1

“National Service didn’t do me any harm when I stormed the beach at Normandy.”

- Kev (age 56) Essex. 

• Like 4

Â