The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I don't see an issue with deporting foreign national rapists and murderers to be honest. 

That's not the point though is it?

Once again, the Home Office are using populist tactics and labelling lawyers as lefties. It's dangerous rhetoric. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I don't see an issue with deporting foreign national rapists and murderers to be honest. 

Some of these people are being deported to a country they have no memory of or connection to, and which they left as small children. For these people, what we are doing is less 'deportation' and more 'banishment'.

(Some of those who were scheduled to be on the flight who fit this description have apparently been removed already due to political pressure, but there is little clarity about who exactly is on the flight).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That's not the point though is it?

Once again, the Home Office are using populist tactics and labelling lawyers as lefties. It's dangerous rhetoric. 

i wasn't on about the term 'leftie', which is a cheap shot from the Home Office.  I was replying to the initial post @villakram posted. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Some of these people are being deported to a country they have no memory of or connection to, and which they left as small children. For these people, what we are doing is less 'deportation' and more 'banishment'.

(Some of those who were scheduled to be on the flight who fit this description have apparently been removed already due to political pressure, but there is little clarity about who exactly is on the flight).

Perhaps they shouldn't have raped or murdered people in their new home country? Ideally they should rot in a UK jail for a lot longer but i'm sure the victims who were raped do feel a bit safer if the people are removed. 

I read a story the other day, that someone who was removed from one of these flights earlier in the year, is now back in prison after murdering (or suspected of) someone else. 

I do think the full list of people being removed (and reasons) should be published. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Exactly the same as Shamima Begum. She is a UK citizen. She is our problem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Priti Patel a foreigner with a growing number of allegations against her has to be careful with this deportation policy... 

She's a British citizen? These criminals aren't. They couldn't be deported if they were. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Priti Patel a foreigner with a growing number of allegations against her has to be careful with this deportation policy... 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

She's a British citizen? These criminals aren't. They couldn't be deported if they were. 

Ah, i understand her approach a bit more now. I thought she’d come to the UK as a young child but I must be wrong.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

i wasn't on about the term 'leftie', which is a cheap shot from the Home Office.  I was replying to the initial post @villakram posted. 

Perhaps they shouldn't have raped or murdered people in their new home country? Ideally they should rot in a UK jail for a lot longer but i'm sure the victims who were raped do feel a bit safer if the people are removed. 

I read a story the other day, that someone who was removed from one of these flights earlier in the year, is now back in prison after murdering (or suspected of) someone else. 

I do think the full list of people being removed (and reasons) should be published. 

The vile criminal is the test case de-jure, providing a classic moral and ethical conundrum, quite similar to the entire capital punishment argument.

However, are you happy that politicians are deciding on and enforcing punishment for crimes. Slippery slope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

This is a good point, but as the Windrush saga demonstrated, 'not a British citizen' is a category that includes quite a large number of people who had every reason to think they were British citizens.

It's probably true that people would have fewer problems with these deportation flights had the government not spent the last decade incorrectly deporting British citizens who lacked adequate paperwork.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's probably true that people would have fewer problems with these deportation flights had the government not spent the last decade incorrectly deporting British citizens who lacked adequate paperwork.

I agree 100%

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I agree with you, however, what I think peoples nervousness about bringing her back is that she’ll end up in a state funded house or apartment somewhere on lots of state benefits and have a lovely life for herself (when they’d rather she stayed in the bed she made for herself)

Â