The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

31 minutes ago, ender4 said:

No, because i believe (i may be wrong) that the demographic stays the same as time moves on - so the younger people who are voting Labour right now, will slowly switch to Tory as they get older.

I agree with this but I also think that the income and overall standard of living (Health / Monetary income / where they live etc) of this subset and how it changes over time heavily influences the movement of political party support overtime in combination with the identified age change from young to old.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

No, because i believe (i may be wrong) that the demographic stays the same as time moves on - so the younger people who are voting Labour right now, will slowly switch to Tory as they get older.

I believe your statement used to be true but is no longer, the median age between red/blue votes seems to be shifting in the direction of pensionable age (moved from 40ish to 50ish iirc). Add that to a younger generation who do appear more politically active than their predecessors. Also at some point the current blue rinse brigade will die off. they are the post war baby boomers, there's more of them and they are living longer than their previous generation but that population boom will also be dead at some point reducing the number of older people. blah de blah 

TL:DR its a bit more complicated than that

Does anyone else remember that time a few years ago when Boris said that Muslim women look like 'letterboxes' and journalists pretended not to be mates with him for a few minutes, until he gave them a cup of tea and they all agreed to never ever mention it ever again?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Does anyone else remember that time a few years ago when Boris said that Muslim women look like 'letterboxes' and journalists pretended not to be mates with him for a few minutes, until he gave them a cup of tea and they all agreed to never ever mention it ever again?

Thank goodness there is no anti semetism in the Conservative party. What a good joke that was. 

To be fair, its not like he put his morals or his marriage vows on the side of a bus.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, he's a shagger that fathers kids and denies it and tries to hide multiple shags and affairs by spending money on injunctions.

I think that's a fairly good guide as to whether we should trust him to be in charge.

But then, there's nothing about Boris, his personal life, his 'professional' life, his shagging, his lies, his racism, his lack of morals, his politics, his friends etc., that suggests he should be left in charge of anything you don't want **** up.

But we love the cheeky chappy scamp. We've made his entire family celebrities. Except the secret children, obviously.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Never mind. 

This is all my opinion, of course.

In addition to what we know of his political career, it seems he's unable to control his urges in his private life.

Who doesn't he lie to?  

Repeat offender. In both cases. No lessons learned. No wisdom acquired.

Not ticking many boxes on the official Conservative Values or Fitness to Lead checklist.

Yet somehow he's a contender?

Baffling.

Flawed Corbyn thrashes him on points -  From my Green perspective.

You obviously keep your own scores ;)

That he's a contender is down to two things

A. He has friends in high places in the media to whom he will be a complete and utter supine shill

B. The Conservatives are devoid of talent and personality. They have eaten themselves

15 hours ago, peterms said:

What is concerning, though, is that on Johnson's t-shirt, the face of an alien is clearly visible.

What can it mean?

So you're saying that Johnson has consumed an acid-blooded xenomorph?

Anyway, anyone seen Theresa May recently?

• Haha 1

Boris Johnson Calls For Trump-Style Income Tax Cuts In His Latest Attention-Grabbing Move

Johnson is dominating headlines (again)...

Golly - It seems we're getting to the crux of the Brexit matter.

Rumours that he is planning a move for the Conservative leadership position are rife, but Johnson’s comments over the weekend may cause problems.

His choice of words were not well-received and Johnson’s fellow Tory MP Alan Duncan declared it “one of the most disgusting moments in British politics”.

“I’m sorry, but this is the political end of Boris Johnson,” he wrote on Twitter. “If it isn’t now, I will make sure it is later.”

Huff

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

50 Tory MPs in the ERG apparently spent tonight openly discussing how to bin May.

You don't need 50 farmers discussing how to put the mad old mare out of its miserable existance that's currently hobbling around the old corn field running in circles and biting her own tail, do you ?

I suggest the are over complicating things a tad.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Â