The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

More Tory failure at Birmingham Jail.

G4S, again. What a shocker. Who'd have guessed they'd be shit?

Birmingham Prison is being taken over by the government from the private firm G4S, after inspectors said it had fallen into a "state of crisis".

Chief Inspector of Prisons Peter Clarke described it as the worst prison he had ever been to.

Inspectors found blood, vomit and rat droppings on the floor, sleeping staff, cockroaches and overpowering smell of drugs.

BBC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xann said:

More Tory failure at Birmingham Jail.

G4S, again. What a shocker. Who'd have guessed they'd be shit?

BBC

Birmingham Prison is being taken over by the government from the private firm G4S, after inspectors said it had fallen into a "state of crisis".

Chief Inspector of Prisons Peter Clarke described it as the worst prison he had ever been to.

Inspectors found blood, vomit and rat droppings on the floor, sleeping staff, cockroaches and overpowering smell of drugs.

Those poor sleeping staff, covered in blood, vomit and rat droppings!

"You're seen as out of touch, incredibly awkward, and even the most basic human motions make you look like some kind of Halloween ventriloquist's dummy. We think you should try to dance with some african school children"

• Like 2

So I saw this, and looked at the upturned, exposed neck, and thought of a scimitar.

Look, i know it's wrong, ok?  Ive been watching some jihadi shit or other.  I shouldn't do it.  I'm sorry.

But when you see that upturned, exposed neck, don't you just...no, sorry, there I go again,  sincere apologies.

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Someone should spend more time studying history and less time on twitter 

On a more serious note - with your knowledge of the history of the tory party, its internal feuding and its attitude to leaders, do you think they will remove her any time soon, or is she more useful to keep on as a human sponge to soak up some of the vitriol of the current divisions in the party for another year or so?

37 minutes ago, peterms said:

On a more serious note - with your knowledge of the history of the tory party, its internal feuding and its attitude to leaders, do you think they will remove her any time soon, or is she more useful to keep on as a human sponge to soak up some of the vitriol of the current divisions in the party for another year or so?

Your knowledge is as good as mine When it comes to such matters  .... I ( like a few others ) predicted May would be gone within weeks of the election result and  I thought she was toast a few times since . The Boris resignation I assumed was going to also lead to a challenge but so far it’s not materialised ... guess conference time is her next test , hope they’ve got some stronger glue and throat sweets this time around 

14 hours ago, peterms said:

So I saw this, and looked at the upturned, exposed neck, and thought of a scimitar.

Look, i know it's wrong, ok?  Ive been watching some jihadi shit or other.  I shouldn't do it.  I'm sorry.

But when you see that upturned, exposed neck, don't you just...no, sorry, there I go again,  sincere apologies.

She tackled these questions terribly, but it's a bullshit interview. He says she was active in politics in the 70s and 80s, suggesting she should have used her influence to do something about Mandela.

In the 70s, well, no, she wasn't, she was, according to Wiki at least, working at the Bank of England. In 1986-1994 she served as a councillor in the borough of Merton. Is he really suggesting she should have been active in tackling apartheid as a local councillor?

It's ridiculous. I wonder what the current councillor for the Durnsford ward is doing to get us closer to the release of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe. ?

Should have just fronted it out, IMO. "No, of course I did nothing to contribute to the release of Nelson Mandela as a councillor for a ward in a London borough".

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, bickster said:

I can't unsee that, I wish I could

2-Limp May is one of those people who thinks she is above average in everything & confidense in ones sellf is important I suppose.

I bet she thought she "Rocked" as she went to sleep humming dirty dancing last night as the oxygen mask and mind probes were lowered into place.

It was I must add,  a bit overly strong and stable towards the end of the performance the silly woman.  

Get her on Strictly FFS.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

58 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

She tackled these questions terribly, but it's a bullshit interview. He says she was active in politics in the 70s and 80s, suggesting she should have used her influence to do something about Mandela.

In the 70s, well, no, she wasn't, she was, according to Wiki at least, working at the Bank of England. In 1986-1994 she served as a councillor in the borough of Merton. Is he really suggesting she should have been active in tackling apartheid as a local councillor?

It's ridiculous. I wonder what the current councillor for the Durnsford ward is doing to get us closer to the release of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe. ?

Should have just fronted it out, IMO. "No, of course I did nothing to contribute to the release of Nelson Mandela as a councillor for a ward in a London borough".

not to mention Thatcher never called Mandela a terrorist  , she likened the ANC a terrorist organisation in response to them threatening British interests in SA ..but as I replied to Peter earlier , people don't' seem interested in facts , just what twitter tells them

the interview itself shows one of May's (many) flaws that she can't deal with pressure or the cameras and re-enforces why she didn't win a majority against a weak opposition

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

He was asking what she did personally - "Did you go on protests...did you boycott SA goods?" - not as a councillor.  Most people who took part in protests and boycotts were neither councillors nor MPs.

His style is too "gotcha".  There is a fashion among journos for asking questions they believe interviewees can't answer, to make the journo feel smart, and this is an example.  I think it detracts from the key point, which is that she and others are now trying to get credit for being perceived as Mandela supporters, when at the time the tory party was opposing sanctions and Thatcher was calling the ANC a terrorist organisation.  He should perhaps have asked about that hypocrisy, rather than trying to make himself look good.

• Like 3

Â