The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Britain's notoriously tough, watchdog media really trying hard I see:

'Don't want to talk about your racism, Boris? Oh okay, sorry for bothering. Delightful cuppa I must say. Toodle-pip old chap!'

He only did that once the BBC showed up, ITV and others had been there ages, not a peep, BBC turn up and teas all round

4 hours ago, bickster said:

He only did that once the BBC showed up, ITV and others had been there ages, not a peep, BBC turn up and teas all round

Maybe it took him that long to learn how to boil water in a kettle ? 

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

DEFRA Minister taking time out of her day to offer some free publicity for weedkiller:

Literally anything to troll the libs I guess. 

This photo says “Hello, I want cancer”

5 hours ago, bickster said:

This photo says “Hello, I want cancer”

you'd think the EU would ban a cancer causing product what with them having much higher standards than the USA  , I'm sure it being a German company and Germany being the country that pushed the Commission proposal to renew the glyphosate  license for five years was just a coincidence

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

you'd think the EU would ban a cancer causing product what with them having much higher standards than the USA  , I'm sure it being a German company and Germany being the country that pushed the Commission proposal to renew the glyphosate  license for five years was just a coincidence

Tory MEPs wanted a 15 year license.

There's more than one EU agency looking at glyphosates, more reviews next year.

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Tory MEPs wanted a 15 year license.

There's more than one EU agency looking at glyphosates, more reviews next year.

Labour Shadow Defra Minister David Drew  is on record as saying The view in Britain is that it should be re-licenced and Labour will support that (as indeed did it's MEPS )

granted they didn't push for 15 years , but seem to be hedging their bets a little by issuing statements about science based findings and being mindful of any new findings

I was under the impression it was 2022 before anything could be looked at though ?

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Who sent you that bit of text to regurgitate?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I was under the impression it was 2022 before anything could be looked at though ?

Controversial glyphosate weedkiller wins new five-year lease in Europe

EU votes to reauthorise the pesticide, ending a bitterly fought battle that saw 1.3 million people sign a petition calling for a ban...

... In 2015, the World Health Organisation’s cancer agency, the IARC, famously declared glyphosate “probably carcinogenic to humans,” although several international agencies, including Efsa, subsequently came to opposite conclusions. Monsanto insists glyphosate is safe.

The EU health commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis said: “Today’s vote shows that when we all want to, we are able to share and accept our collective responsibility in decision making.”

However, the approval falls far short of the 15-year licence the commission had originally sought and Conservative MEPs lashed out at what they called “an emotional, irrational but politically convenient fudge”.

Ashley Fox, the Conservative party’s delegation leader in the European parliament, said that the vote “simply prolongs the uncertainty for our farmers, who are being badly let down. They cannot plan for the future without long term assurances about the availability of substances they rely on.”

A re-run of the struggle to reauthorise glyphosate will now begin again in two years’ time, with a new safety assessment by the European Food Safety Authority (Efsa).

Grauniad

10 hours ago, snowychap said:

Who sent you that bit of text to regurgitate?

not this bollocks again  :wacko: ..  but just so you you know I'm not Agnetha Faltskog , thus I don't date people obsessed with me 

but to address the false accusation   , it was quite easy really , When I saw the posts and discussion around it I typed  Glyphosate into Google

the very first result under Top Stories is an article that mentions all about the product and some background , I didn't need voices in my head , private text messages from Tory HQ or even A bloke from Twitter to tell me

here ,  I'll even help you find it as i know how tiresome it can be to use a search engine sometimes

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Glyphosate

simples.jpg

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

obsessed

You do understand how places like VT work, don't you? People respond to what other people post.

This does not signify obsession unless you've got a very unhealthy opinion of yourself. ;)

p.s. I never use Google. :)

Edited by snowychap

23 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You do understand how places like VT work, don't you? People respond to what other people post.

This does not signify obsession unless you've got a very unhealthy opinion of yourself. ;)

p.s. I never use Google. :)

Personally, I'm just surprised that Tony is upset about there being not enough EU regulation.

Â