The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Crime on the rise, Police numbers at their lowest since 1985, NHS unfunded and Education seeing increasing numbers of teachers leaving the profession... it's like a repeat of the early 90's.

You always know what you are going to get with the Tories.

The tipping point has been reached hasn't it and the failings of Tory austerity are now becoming clear as day. The major problems in A and E, the increased waiting times in outpatient appointments, the dire problems in social care, or lack of it, rise in life expectancy grinding to a halt,  teachers leaving the profession and schools sending round the begging bowls, people dying in their own homes because recommendations were not acted upon and now crime figures up dramatically whilst police numbers have been cut. Oh to top it off those public sector workers who have remained to thank them and attract more they have given them a real terms 14% pay cut over the last 6 years.

They are scum. It's as simple as that.

• Like 2

On 17/07/2017 at 22:50, tonyh29 said:

Got to admit other than seeing him as figure  of fun on have I got news for you I didnt know a huge amount about him but having heard how he campaigned in Fife in a Mercedes saying "A Bentley would be most unsuitable for canvassing " he's either a comedy legend in the making or more bonkers than Boris 

000E416300000258-0-image-a-75_1455933857

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck then it requires housing commensurate with its stature.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, bickster said:

That is an absolutely impossible to quantify policy, its utter nonsense. Who is to say the stress in the office job is killing you more slowly than the bricky on the building site's manual work.

You're right, but as a ratio I'd say quite a lot more of my friends on the tools are more permanently damaged with ailments such as bad backs and carpal tunnels, than the office types who have been signed off for stress or other complaints

Changing employer/colleagues sorted out most of those in the second category.

A couple still have long term issues, but they aren't directly attributable to work. One was bombed on the tube (7/7),  one imprisoned and repeatedly raped and a couple of others suffer from clinical depression. The state should take those factors into account, though the obviously the Tories just want them off the books.

To further qualify, I also live in London where there are jobs to be had. I appreciate it's different elsewhere.

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 09:43, blandy said:

Also the tories are making themselves ever more unpopular and are guaranteed to continue to do so for the forseeable future, which will have the effect of strengthening the hand of all the people who want to protect the things you're worried about.

they just increased their vote by close on 2 and a half million votes at the last GE

they may be becoming more unpopular with people who already didn't like them on VT but the electorate on the whole doesn't really back up your statement

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

they just increased their vote by close on 2 and a half million votes at the last GE

they may be becoming more unpopular with people who already didn't like them on VT but the electorate on the whole doesn't really back up your statement

I guess the counter to that is that their polling has dropped from the election to a post-election average of 40%, a small but clear drop. 

• Like 1

Bad news buried this week, as is now traditional...

Crime is up to levels not seen for a decade

Police numbers down

Army has shrunk by 7,000 personnel

There's a growing alcoholism problem amongst the army

Railway electrification plans have been binned

School exclusions are up

Good old Tories.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Police numbers down

School exclusions are up

Good old Tories.

Surely Corbyn will be happy with the army shrinking? 

Since the election - the polls (yeah, I know..) have shown them becoming less popular/more unpopular than Corbyn / Labour. So those polls show reducing popularity. I don't understand how anyone can really refute that now. They're not even popular with themselves - they're fighting each other like rats in a sack (well, I say "like rats" but in essence I mean they are rats).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Police numbers down

School exclusions are up

Good old Tories.

We're so fortunate that the increase in the proletariat misbehaving correlates with a Conservative government. We need good old Toryism to keep them in line!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Surely Corbyn will be happy with the army shrinking? 

Many people would be happy with the army shrinking. I don't really care what Corbyn thinks (I'm not a Corbyn cheerleader). I don't think the army shedding numbers is particularly something to celebrate.

But it makes Tories look bad so every cloud.

because turnout went up. proportionally their vote decreased.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

Since the election - the polls (yeah, I know..) have shown them becoming less popular/more unpopular than Corbyn / Labour. So those polls show reducing popularity. I don't understand how anyone can really refute that now. They're not even popular with themselves - they're fighting each other like rats in a sack (well, I say "like rats" but in essence I mean they are rats).

I think you've answered your own question

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

because turnout went up. proportionally their vote decreased.

Vote in 2015 - 36.8%

vote in 2017 - 42.3% an increase of 5.5 % on 2015

so , I don't think that is the case ?

Edit : Overall  vote turnout went from 66.4%  to 68.8% if that helps  ?

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I think you've answered your own question

I think I anticpated what you would say. :P

But seriously, even the ones that were accurate show the declining support for the baby chompers.

Â