The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think so, and now article 50 has been triggered, it cant be about that. Very clever.

The only way this could backfire is if it becomes effectively a 'second referendum', however it's still unlikely to actually 'backfire' in any significant way. Lib Dems should benefit however, at the expense of Labour. 

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think so, and now article 50 has been triggered, it cant be about that. Very clever.

The only way this could backfire is if it becomes effectively a 'second referendum', however it's still unlikely to actually 'backfire' in any significant way. Lib Dems should benefit however, at the expense of Labour. 

didn't we have people moaning that May was an unelected PM ... and now she aims to become an elected PM we get  ... more moaning

I blame Twitter , of course ...

• Like 1

The scottish referendum and a refusal to call an election by Brown til it was too late destroyed Labour. The tories knew they wouldn't get anywhere north of the border, so out was wheeled Brown, Blair, Mandy and co all calling for remain. Alot of Scottish voters saw Labour siding with the Tories as a betrayal and thus come the general election moved vote to the SNP as a way of showing this betrayal by Labour. Of course the tories knew they did nothing in Scotland anyway but by the SNP clearing up it affectively wiped out the Labour party's chances of winning an election.

Now fast forward to this election and a Labour party in more disarray, with what seems no strong mandate as opposition, with a large percentage of 'Brexit' seats being in Labour heartlands, it says crushing Tory victory.

This will inevitably lead to a new leader, but with the Blair and Brown years still recent, and the publics deep mistrust of Brown and hatred of Blair, anything that is Blairite and seen as part of the gang is going to be rejected by people.

Love or hate the tories, it has been a brilliantly hatched plan to destroy Labour.

I blame the snooker:

Corbyn had his chance, scattered the reds and got too obsessed with pinks and greens and ended up in baulk but luckily left May slightly snookered.

May stepped in with some massive spin and although a maximum looks on, it looks like she will have to produce some fine positional play to prosper, which is a known weakness in her game.

It is going to be a long tournament and as usual it is expected that the Scots will have a big say in the outcome but it is certain that someone is going to get screwed. :)

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

The scottish referendum and a refusal to call an election by Brown til it was too late destroyed Labour. The tories knew they wouldn't get anywhere north of the border, so out was wheeled Brown, Blair, Mandy and co all calling for remain. Alot of Scottish voters saw Labour siding with the Tories as a betrayal and thus come the general election moved vote to the SNP as a way of showing this betrayal by Labour. Of course the tories knew they did nothing in Scotland anyway but by the SNP clearing up it affectively wiped out the Labour party's chances of winning an election.

Now fast forward to this election and a Labour party in more disarray, with what seems no strong mandate as opposition, with a large percentage of 'Brexit' seats being in Labour heartlands, it says crushing Tory victory.

This will inevitably lead to a new leader, but with the Blair and Brown years still recent, and the publics deep mistrust of Brown and hatred of Blair, anything that is Blairite and seen as part of the gang is going to be rejected by people.

Love or hate the tories, it has been a brilliantly hatched plan to destroy Labour.

In the last 3 elections they won Labour would have still have been in power without any seats from Scotland ... just with a smaller majority 

46 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

didn't we have people moaning that May was an unelected PM ... and now she aims to become an elected PM we get  ... more moaning

I blame the consistent element of May

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

In the last 3 elections they won Labour would have still have been in power without any seats from Scotland ... just with a smaller majority 

In the last 3 they won yes but since the last 2 elections there has, in my opinion, a sly scheme to erode the labour party by the conservatives thus the need by Labour as we stand, and in those 2 elections, for the Scottish vote due to a growing mistrust by the electorate after the 2008 crash.

48 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

no. People were pointing out the irony of the person leading the UK away from unelected power by an unelected power.

Nothing about this is her trying to ease concerns about being unelected. Calling it 'moaning' is typical diversion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Too late for that now

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

You're annoyed by people's inconsistancy, yet somehow supporting May? It's no time for playing politics. :) 

• Like 1

Â