The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure I understand this post. One of us doesn't understand how this works, and I'm really hoping that it isn't me. :P  You pay off 9% of your income over the repayment threshold. At £50,000 gross income, on a standard 1150L tax code (for the next tax year), you'll only pay 217.50 towards your student loan each month - less than the monthly interest.

oh ok. That makes sense now.  

I also read the original post in the same way as Blandy, but this post and Snowychap above cleared up what you meant. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Also higher echelons of learning? Seriously? As in what? Learning that gets you a job? Or education that lets you laud it over those deemed 'less intelligent?'

Education that complements ability. The gifted at any level should get a fair crack. There's more poor than rich, that's a lot of talent.

7 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Do me a favour and actually look at some of the educational announcements.

Announcements are interesting, but facts and reality on the ground are where it's at.

Other people announced tens of thousands had died at the hands of IDS, but the Tories stopped publishing official social statistics.

Why would they do that?

8 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Good god the Tory's don't get it but at least they're trying!

I can see finding middle ground is going to be difficult here ;)

• Like 4

May doing her big lie thing today with a 'sense of a coming together' of the country she seems to have pulled from her arse. Coming together? **** off.

Also desperately going on about her 'Christian values' which, as a vicars daughter (which we must always be reminded of) she likes to bang on about. But rarely actually demonstrates. Lest we forget this is the woman who authorised 1984 style immigrants go home we're watching you and don't want you vans. How would that have sat with Jesus (if he was real)? I'm not sure someone who has such thinly veiled disdain for so much of humanity can truly claim to be a Christian. Hell, I'm not sure they have much claim to being a good person full stop.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Awol said:

Can't remember the last time the Tories had a lead in the polls like this.

Read on the plane back to England today that the libs were closing in on labour in Manchester and were up double digits there  ... guess that isn't replicating across the country ? 

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Read on the plane back to England today that the libs were closing in on labour in Manchester and were up double digits there  ... guess that isn't replicating across the country ? 

Dunno. Wouldn't be surprising to see them make big gains in specific urban areas that were heavy on Remain. Away from that specific issue choosing between Corbyn and Farron is the old 'would you rather have AIDS or cancer' dilemma.  They're both shite just in different ways.

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It's the 'christian values' of the 'traditional conservative' where you wear your best hat and gloves to church and aspire to be the most conformist straight stick up the arsed person there. You take a pound out from your Vitton designer purse and roll it across your designer gloved fingers before dropping it on to the collection plate for the poor.

theresa-may-easter-message-praises-role-

The sort of vicar's daughter's values that give you chills, as you wonder about the lost morals of the National Trust, whilst happily selling bombs to murderous middle eastern despots.

A cretinous, odious, human mudslide. 

Fair play to the Tories. They continually shit on people, run the country into the ground, and show contempt for everyone who isn't earning six figures while Labour propose a fairer society, environmental responsibility and policies that are hugely popular with blind voters, and the Tories increase their polling. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

• Like 2

Maggie May has called a press conference at Downing Street for 11.15am.  Any bets on what it'll be?

Prince Philip's dead?  We're joining the US in declaring war on North Korea?  Anyone with brown skin and/or a Z in their surname must leave the country within 48 hours?

• Like 1

well realistically, either a snap election - a military conflict - resigning or a dead royal? Would be biggies. Can't see it being the latter two even with health issues for Philip and Elizabeth lately. 

Probably a snap election I guess, but with local elections two weeks away seems a bit over keen. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

What on earth is the point in a general election?

If this happens, Labour, state you'll stay in the EU. I might vote for you then.

Cement the stranglehold while they effectively don't have opposition. The fallout from Brexit gives then an opportunity to adjust a great many pieces of legislation as they see fit, may as well try to improve their power in Parliament while they can. Also stave off any questions of legitimacy for Fake Thatcher before the shit starts to fly.

• Like 2

Â