The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I don't think they're a million miles off. The plan from the offset was for the 1922 committee to get their guy, they set a limit they knew others would really struggle to reach. They couldn't let the membership ruin things by picking the wrong person again

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think they're a million miles off. The plan from the offset was for the 1922 committee to get their guy, they set a limit they knew others would really struggle to reach. They couldn't let the membership ruin things by picking the wrong person again

Not disagreeing with that, though I suspect many members won't be happy as a result

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not disagreeing with that, though I suspect many members won't be happy as a result

I'm sure they won't be, but as they voted in Truss last time, so are clearly more stupid than a paramecium, you can't blame the party for taking the choice away from them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, picicata said:

I'm sure they won't be, but as they voted in Truss last time, so are clearly more stupid than a paramecium, you can't blame the party for taking the choice away from them

Don't get me wrong, I welcome the Tory members not getting a say but only because of the reaction it will have amongst the membership. It's yet another piece in the death spiral of the party

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I assume the official argument for not asking the members is the amount of time it would take, and they wasted a load of it already this year.

The official argument for not going to the members is that there will only be one candidate. It won't even be going to the MPs to vote on. Remember nominations are not votes

(Corbyn would never have been elected Labour leader were in not for the likes of David Lammy and Emily Thornberry nominating him even though they had no intention of voting for him)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Sunak is the best of a bad bunch. The country is **** and its damage limitation now. 

Kind of where im at. The tories aintvgoing anywhere before next election so we at least need someone that understands how the markets work and addressing the problems we face. He told truss what her strategy would do cause turmoil during debate and he was right

Like you say the countries ****. He wont fix the problems but we nust dont need him to make it any worse

Some vague of sanity now back in British politics. Sunak was clearly the only option, even in normal time he would be a junior minister at best. The support for Johnson was hyped by his mates and Mordant always looked an outside bet. Wonder how much ministerial changes he will make.

There is a good justification for an general election. He has not even been voted by the deluded tory members, and now its the second PM change in a couple of months.  I wouldn't be surprised if we have an election in May next year, before the coronation.

Â