The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You misunderstand. "Boris or bust" clearly indicates that he would be equally happy with Johnson or Mordaunt. 

Screenshot_2022-10-22-10-43-06-08_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Congrats on the five-er

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Some cynicism abound as to whether Johnson has in fact reached 100 or if it’s bollocks (perish the thought).

Having said that, more anecdotal evidence being displayed -

The Guido Fawkes spreadsheet, which a lot of people consider to be Johnson biased has him on 72 and only 56 of those they are prepared to name. It has Sunak on 125 with only 5 anonymous entries

Theres a strong whiff of sweaty testicles to the 100 being reached claim.

BTW, one of those accounts is a hilarious parody account, the other isn’t a Tory either. They are both taking the piss

8 hours ago, bickster said:

The likes of Malthouse, Cleverley, Francois, Baker, Duncan Smith et al haven't put their marker anywhere yet and you suspect they are negotiating behind the scenes

Malthouse and Cleverley are distinct from the others, they're longstanding Johnson lieutenants and not part of the Brexit lunatic crowd. 

They were part of his team from his London Mayor days, and are really only names in the party thanks to him. They will fall into line. 

I think that most of the "media" want Johnson back in because it gives them an easy time reporting the news, the media dont have to do anything as the buffoon keeps publicly putting his foot in it...

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Is there anything more Boris Johnson than smoke, mirrors and lies about how many backers her has. 

Absolute stain on this country. 

I said this to the Mrs yesterday. The wheels on the plane had barely touched down before he/his camp were lying.

He just can’t help himself.

• Like 1

Im convinced the only reason Boris is running is leverage while he still has a decent wedge of support and knows he’d still win the populist members vote.

Fully expect a deal to see Sunak in office and Boris given a well paid, cushty foreign office role while his investigation(s) are quietly diluted as well as some of his ‘backers/donors’ interests wound into Sunak’s plan.

Its just a case of whether Boris can get 100 Tory mps to back him. I think its wrong if the Tory members decide this after the mess they made of it the last time. If Sunak has far more Tory mps support him, which looks the case at the moment then how is that going to show harmony if they then let the members decide it and pick Boris. 

Edited by PaulC

Something Sunak has to look forward to (regrettably).

If you don’t want to hear all of it (wouldn’t blame you), around 45 seconds  is the moment the host realises what sort of call this will be and about 6:45 when the mask basically falls off completely.

I can’t see Johnson wanting to play second fiddle to anyone now, having had the top job. I also struggle to see Sunak being happy with Johnson knocking about, undermining things, creating more scandal, all the while his core support constantly claiming he should be the one at number ten instead of Rishi (they’ll do that anyway, but I’d think it would be louder if he had a senior position).

All that would cause a lot of turmoil and would also be immensely entertaining, don’t get me wrong. Just don’t see it.

Equally I’m trying to imagine him as being prepared to be Tory leader while in opposition. Not sure he’d be happy sitting out of power for up to five years. Don’t think he has the patience for it.

27 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Something Sunak has to look forward to (regrettably).

If you don’t want to hear all of it (wouldn’t blame you), around 45 seconds  is the moment the host realises what sort of call this will be and about 6:45 when the mask basically falls off completely.

I think we all know people like that caller.

They’re people who don’t actually think they’re being/are racist but they’ve been so brainwashed by the constant headlines about terrorists, people getting off dinghy’s, brown people doing bad things, that they’ve decided that being brown and British are incompatible.

It’s pure English nationalism plain and simple. A force that’s been growing in our country for years now.

The reality is that we all know that person considers themselves a “patriot” and that he “loves his country” but in truth has no idea what that means other than loving the monarchy, shagging a flag and hating on brown people.

• Like 4

Â