The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 hours ago, Genie said:

As suspected, Boris has made a fool of her.

He says he knew about the previous but as they were either “resolved” or didn’t progress to formal complaint he didn’t deem it a reason to block his promotion.

So if you’ve “resolved” your sexual harassment allegation you’re back in the boss’s good books. What a world. 

The Beeb

When the boss is as crooked as Johnson what hope is there?

The story evolves again.

Its gone from:

1) He didn’t know to 2) he did know but as the complaint was either resolved or didn’t become a formal complaint it wasn’t a reason not to promote him to 3) He WAS aware of a formal complaint that confirmed the MP's misconduct, as was Dominic Raab.

Boris Johnson was made aware of a formal complaint about Chris Pincher's "inappropriate behaviour" while Mr Pincher was a Foreign Office minister from 2019-20, BBC News can reveal.

It triggered a disciplinary process that confirmed the MP's misconduct.

BBC News understands the PM and the foreign secretary at the time - Dominic Raab - knew about the issue.

The complaint raises fresh questions about what the PM knew before appointing the MP deputy chief whip.

On Monday evening, No 10 reiterated that the prime minister was not aware of any "specific allegations" being looked at, and that in the "absence of a formal complaint it would not be appropriate to stop the appointment".

Link

• Like 1

The weird thing is after all the chat about the Mail now turning on him, they've just published an editorial saying he's the right man to lead the country.

It still all feels to me like a lot of desperate Hail Mary passes being thrown around now. Surely he'll be gone as soon as the 1922 Committee change their rules and trigger another no confidence vote.

Yes he's done a pretty creditable job on Ukraine, but the economy is on its knees, Brexit is going wrong, the corruption stories are neverending, and your average voter struggling with the cost of living isn't going to be placated by Zelensky saying how much of a hero Boris Johnson is in Kyiv.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

The weird thing is after all the chat about the Mail now turning on him, they've just published an editorial saying he's the right man to lead the country.

It still all feels to me like a lot of desperate Hail Mary passes being thrown around now. Surely he'll be gone as soon as the 1922 Committee change their rules and trigger another no confidence vote.

Yes he's done a pretty creditable job on Ukraine, but the economy is on its knees, Brexit is going wrong, the corruption stories are neverending, and your average voter struggling with the cost of living isn't going to be placated by Zelensky saying how much of a hero Boris Johnson is in Kyiv.

Not forgetting that the party appears to have more sexual predators than your average Catholic Seminary

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

The thing is, it's pretty much a unique UK thing, this housing obsession (value of, I mean).

Oh, we’re pretty f***ing obsessed with it too. The Norwegian housing market is frankly obscene. And guess when that all started? The f***ing 80s. Thatcherism travelled, sadly. 

5 hours ago, El Zen said:

Oh, we’re pretty f***ing obsessed with it too. The Norwegian housing market is frankly obscene. And guess when that all started? The f***ing 80s. Thatcherism travelled, sadly. 

It’s virtually every country and it’s not so much political as population growth pressures. 

13 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yep, it's even worse now with more remote working people want more space so the demand for housing goes up again. It's simply lack of supply and the government actually want houses to keep getting more expensive as that's what home owners want. 

Yep. Which in itself is a false economy. If your house goes up in price, the house you want to upgrade to has (probably) gone up more.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Sometimes I think they release loads of confusing news so people get fed up, get confused, and/or think it’s all lies because it’s inconsistent. 

Oh it's 100% on purpose. It's like that episode of The Office where Steve Carell's character tells everyone that one of the employees is having an affair and then deliberately makes stuff up about everyone else too so no one can discern the many lies from the one truth.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

"Yes he did shoot that man in the face, and the man did die. The evidence confirms that and shows he did kill that man. But we didn't punish him therefore he's not guilty"

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"Yes he did shoot that man in the face, and the man did die. The evidence confirms that and shows he did kill that man. But we didn't punish him therefore he's not guilty"

Because the person being shot in the face didn't want the publicity

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. Which in itself is a false economy. If your house goes up in price, the house you want to upgrade to has (probably) gone up more.

Exactly. It drives me mad. I really want house prices to go back to, say, 2016 levels or so. Even then they were too expensive but compared to now....

I'm surprised there isn't also more pressure on Pincher to resign as an MP.  He seems to have got away scott free following his actions.  OK if he's not admitted back into the Tory party he will likely lose his seat at the next election but surely he should be resigning.  Shows the complete lack of shame and self accountability these power hungry freaks have.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm surprised there isn't also more pressure on Pincher to resign as an MP.  He seems to have got away scott free following his actions.  OK if he's not admitted back into the Tory party he will likely lose his seat at the next election but surely he should be resigning.  Shows the complete lack of shame and self accountability these power hungry freaks have.

The list of MPs cuurently suspended by their Party. (and why)

Jonathan Edwards (ex-Plaid) - Domestic Violence

Neil Coyle (ex-Labour) - racist comments (sinophobic comments)

Margaret Ferrier (ex-SNP) - COVID Lockdown Breaches

Rob Roberts (ex-Tory) - Inappropriate Sexual Behaviour towards male staff

David Warburton (ex-Tory) - Harrasment and Drug abuse

Claudia Webbe (ex-Labour) - Convicted of Harrasment 

(I've left St Jeremy off the List because its a matter of party discipline)

Not all of them should resign but it does just show that across the board they are shameless

• Shocked 1

Â