The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Posted (edited)

Conservative MP Stuart Andrew, who has represented Pudsey since 2010, told the Yorkshire Evening Post in an exclusive interview that his name will be absent from the ballot paper when voters go to the polls in two new constituencies – Leeds West and Pudsey, and Leeds North West.

They were created out of the current Pudsey constituency, which will be abolished at the next general election as a result of a boundary review. 

He said: “I have written to my members to say that I won't be standing in either of the two seats that are being created. The reason for that is that when I was first selected for this constituency, I took the view that this was not just about trying to win the next election. It was about having a 20-year plan for the constituency. 

"I still think that the new Leeds North West seat is winnable, but it requires someone who can give that 20 year commitment, so I think it needs someone younger than me.

“I haven't ruled myself out from standing somewhere else, but I am just considering at the moment.”

He added: “If I do stand again, wherever I stand, I will be giving it my all. I don't believe that you can ever turn up in a seat and just expect a win. You have to work your socks off. That's what I've done for the last 20 years here.”

YEP

My MP, held last time by the thinnest of margins. I was so looking forward to seeing him trounced on July 4th. 

Clearly knows he's toast, and now desperately begging for a safe seat elsewhere. Good luck with that, you weasel. The excuse is that he's too old to do a '20 year plan' in Leeds NW - but somehow, he's young enough to do one in a safe seat. Shrödinger's Tory. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Genie said:

No flights to Rwanda before the election, confirmed by Rishi Sunak.

I read a brilliant suggestion that in the next week he should simply pass a law declaring that lights have taken place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I read a brilliant suggestion that in the next week he should simply pass a law declaring that lights have taken place.

Or they could legally change the British name for Spain to be Rwanda. Job done.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952i4iu92p0dxmid5q80wb

So they are still deciding which laws they can get through Parliament before it’s prorogued

Yep nothing screams unorganised and unplanned like that at all.

Oh dear, Lee Anderson would be proud

Rishi Sunak has taken questions from two men dressed in hi-vis clothing at a warehouse in Derbyshire who turned out to be Conservative councillors.

The prime minister was visiting a biscuit distribution centre in the marginal constituency of Erewash, where he gave a stump speech to people who appeared to be employees of the business.

He took unchallenging questions from two men who were later found to be Conservative politicians

link

• Haha 1

"First poll with fieldwork from after you called the election has dropped Prime Minister"

"Are my subjects impressed with my brave vision and bold strategy?"

"...."

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

They're big enough that it could be a grand in pennies.

That's just image perception mate. His ears are normal size it's just the rest of him is tiny.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

So he paid one asylum seeker £3000 to avoid having to pay Piers Morgan £1000? 🤔

But the £3000 wasn't his money.... 

Not that 3k isn't loose change to him anyway. Avoiding the 1k isn't about saving a grand, it's not having to admit he lost. 

7 hours ago, ml1dch said:

"First poll with fieldwork from after you called the election has dropped Prime Minister"

"Are my subjects impressed with my brave vision and bold strategy?"

"...."

How the hell can Conservative and Reform still account for 34% of the vote on that poll. What the hell is wrong with people? What more do they need to see to get them to change their vote?

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

How the hell can Conservative and Reform still account for 34% of the vote on that poll. What the hell is wrong with people? What more do they need to see to get them to change their vote?

In my area it’s mainly old people, racists and old racists.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

"they're all the same" 

"better the devil you know" 

"but Labour...." 

All bs of course, but there will be plenty of voters saying those things. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

50% of the population have average or below average intelligence

Theres a politics Joe voxpop on YouTube where they go to the Tories safest seat (whichever seat Canvey Island is in) and yes the usual Vox Pop rules apply but imaginary deity on a bike these people are dumb.

Edit: Here it is

Â