The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

What plan? There was never a plan

Not really true.

1) remove the cap on City bonuses

2) surprise everyone by scrapping the 45p tax rate

3) use the goodwill and political capital that those two incredibly popular things would bring them to push through unpopular cuts and reforms.

They just didn't bank on the country not liking one and two as much as their echo chamber did.

It's up there with "Villa fans will probably love Alex McLeish as manager" for inanity, but it was a plan. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Not really true.

1) remove the cap on City bonuses

2) surprise everyone by scrapping the 45p tax rate

3) use the goodwill and political capital that those two incredibly popular things would bring them to push through unpopular cuts and reforms.

They just didn't bank on the country not liking one and two as much as their echo chamber did.

It's up there with "Villa fans will probably love Alex McLeish as manager" for inanity, but it was a plan. 

Spend a load of money to invigorate the economy

then, obvious question, where does this money come from?

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bpb4f1o4syg9wrv0gf4v

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Spend a load of money to invigorate the economy

then, obvious question, where does this money come from?

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bpb4f1o4syg9wrv0gf4v

The "supply side reforms" in (3) paid for (1) and (2).

Any extra spending would just be borrowed, because obviously as fans of the markets, the markets would love their plan and want to fund anything they couldn't save via lower spending.

They just didn't consider the possibility that they might not get a bonfire of workers rights and spending cuts through parliament. 

And that the markets might think they were morons.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

I was in a mate's car yesterday, and he had Radio 2 on, with a phone-in about the current political fiasco. The majority of calls were a variant on "Poor Liz Truss, they're all ganging up on her, we should give her a chance...", etc. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was in a mate's car yesterday, and he had Radio 2 on, with a phone-in about the current political fiasco. The majority of calls were a variant on "Poor Liz Truss, they're all ganging up on her, we should give her a chance...", etc. 

Copy and pasting sympathy from the last PM then.

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Thanks for the reminder that I don’t like Radio 2 👍🏻

Â