The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

25 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just painfully, painfully embarrassing

I can physically feel the pain of cringe.

"I want to do a care package for these guys"

"Great idea boss. How much do you want to spend?"

"What is the absolute least amount of money I can spend on each package without just giving them water and stale bread?"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chindie said:

Truss... cosplaying Thatcher and playing to all the simpering Tories who shoot ropes thinking about mumsy spanking them.

giphy.gif

You may be giving good ole-fashioned, wholesome BDSM a bad name.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

18 hours ago, KentVillan said:

If you’re a US citizen, whoever becomes PM here is largely an irrelevance tbh. It won’t have a massive impact on global events or US policy. Truss might be marginally more likely to provoke Putin into nuking the UK.

Yes, and a nuke would be an inconvenience for football, too. But ... what you say is definitely what many Americans feel, but they feel the same about anything that can't be delivered by Amazon to their living rooms along with a box of peanut butter cookies. I still think the British PM is a huge force in American foreign policy decisions and definitely salient among well-educated and still powerful State Dept. career staff. The "special relationship" mostly transcends British politics for us, and it's still a thing. To be more blunt, we don't really care deeply about what you think of your PM, as long as it's someone who defends Britain. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe Truss is going to be PM over Sunak. If she wins I wonder how long it'll take to blame his ethnicity.

It’s been written about 10 times in this thread alone already.

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Why do they do it 😬

Anyone who has that net worth and does anything other than **** around in whatever beach or ski resort tickles their fancy that week has something wrong with them

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

What a load of grandstanding nonsense in the current climate

Where do you hire all these spare skilled staff from? For a day (or two)?

They came up with this wheeze because of the rail strikes

Where's this surplus of trained guards (sorry train Managers) and drivers coming from. The Industry already needs more of them there aren't spares just waiting around for a strike. It's pretty much the same in any skilled industry

Tory Greatest Hits isn't it. Make an enemy of unions, pretend it isn't happening because of their mismanagement of the economy

Would like to see Starmer come out with a plan for economic growth... it's what everyone wants. Not juvenile us vs them bullshit

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

Where's this surplus of trained guards (sorry train Managers) and drivers coming from. The Industry already needs more of them there aren't spares just waiting around for a strike. 

This might be a daft question, but do trains actually need drivers or can they be just automated?

In the unlikely event they can find people vaguely capable and willing to do the job for a day or two, I wish the scab bastards good fortune crossing the picket line.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â