The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I’ve said this before, but when (and it is when, not “if”) change comes, it will happen quickly. He’s in some ways a lucky General, failing upwards, but the luck will run out. People used to think he was a lovable character, now they think he’s a lying word removed. The economy is hit, bills are up, covid, law breaking and all the rest of it. The NHS is stuffed…Trucks stuck at Dover, fruit and veg rotting in fields. None of that will stop being a problem.

I hope you're right. 

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

When the rot sets in, the decline in the Tory vote won’t be reversible. Sleaze did for Major, and try as he might, and he was by and large a decent enough guy, the sleaze and corruption within his Party did for him. If anything, things are worse for Bunter, he is if anything the sleaziest of them all. 

We are living in a post-truth world. People fear the opposition more than those in power, and people genuinely believe that the current government have only been in power for a short time. And before that people think Labour wrecked the economy. The media and consecutive fear mongering Tory governments have brainwashed the public. It’s a hard journey back, cos Tories get a new leader and the circle starts again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Tories get a new leader and the circle starts again. 

Not really, they are all culpable for this mess, they will inherit this mess and will not have the time to turn it around. They really do face a generational time out of power. The mess is so monumental a new leader will not make any difference. If it was anyone other than Johnson, they'd be much lower.

Right now, any "next leader" will have to be a prize idiot. Yep, it's primed for Truss, so that'll cheer you up :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not really, they are all culpable for this mess, they will inherit this mess and will not have the time to turn it around. They really do face a generational time out of power. The mess is so monumental a new leader will not make any difference. If it was anyone other than Johnson, they'd be much lower.

Right now, any "next leader" will have to be a prize idiot. Yep, it's primed for Truss, so that'll cheer you up :D

At least it wouldn't be Patel. I'm genuinely scared what she might do with additional power. 

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

It is not beyond the realms is it that a new, deadlier variant of covid means that restrictions have to be reintroduced. How is the lying bastard who broke his own rules going to have the moral authority to impose any potential future restrictions. 

Part of me really wants to see him try and bring in restrictions again purely just to see the response he receives. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see scenes similar to the 2011 riots.

Obviously I don’t want restrictions to come back in - for a multitude of reasons. But just from a car crash viewing type experience it would be morbidly fascinating.

I had to sit outside a hospital waiting for my dad to get treatment.

I sat in that car park until just after 2:00a.m.

To think those doctors and nurses were partying away in an illegal party.

Bloody NHS. Thank god we have people like Fabricant to put things in perspective.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

We were 4 months in to the first Gulf War when they sacked off Thatcher.

2 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

The Americans had an election in the middle of a civil war when they only had half a country.

We also changed PM in December 1916 as well.

EDIT: I see the point has Bin Dunne already, that'll teach me for not reading the final page.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

My wife is a nurse. She genuinely nearly cried with anger when I showed her his comments earlier

Same. These clowns are so out of touch it beggars belief

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Part of me really wants to see him try and bring in restrictions again purely just to see the response he receives. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see scenes similar to the 2011 riots.

Obviously I don’t want restrictions to come back in - for a multitude of reasons. But just from a car crash viewing type experience it would be morbidly fascinating.

I don’t think that would happen, I just think nobody would obey the rules. 

He’d have struggled anyway due to people just being fed up of restrictions. But given he’s shown himself to be, predictably, a massive lying hypocrite, he’s just have no authority

If we remember the original plan, it was to let it rip through the population and create mass deaths and achieve herd immunity by sacrificing hundreds of thousands.

If there was another lockdown and everyone ignored it, Johnson would likely see that as mission accomplished.

Of course he’d stand there is his clown shoes with custard on his tie and his hair styles to be ‘public school madcap’ and he’d give his condolences. But it would be mission accomplished if it meant we were all out buying lucrative funeral plans and designer masks and the all important Pret breakfast and pub lunch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

My wife is a nurse. She genuinely nearly cried with anger when I showed her his comments earlier

My mother in law is a head teacher. You could cut her rage with a knife as well. 

The accusation that they were all having a jolly in the staff room is just ridiculous, wrong, shameless. I don’t know how anyone can possibly vote for that clown.

• Like 3

I don't understand why the underlings aren't resigning left, right and centre.. how could they possibly want to be associated with the top table?

I also think this will have no bearing on future elections, and the Tories will continue to win majorities, because Labour are commies and anti-Semitic, which is really bad, even though most of the country is racist towards people of colour anyway.. but acknowledging racism is SUPER bad!  Also, labour ruined the economy last time out and sold all our gold!! I mean yea.. many western countries did the same.. but Labour did it!!  Yes, Boris has broken the law.. but it was a new law and I've seen a picture of Starmer taken through a window and he's breaking the rules too!! And at least Boris won't ruin the economy, because at the moment it's horrible for everyone, but just imagine how much worse it would be under Labour?!  I'm glad we're privatising the NHS because waiting times at the moment are awful! Plus, Incan afford insurance, so that's great for me and my family.  And I thank the Tories for raising the 40% tax bracket to 50k from 42k because that's good for me and my family. 

Its been shit now for a good 10 years or so.. but can you imagine just how much worse it would be under Labour?  Ewww.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Did this happen? Are you saying that you were mocked for suggesting they were taking us for fools by having parties? 

I said at the time people were criticising rule breakers but i bet the people at the top are breaking their own rules. 

Ill never forgive them for not letting people attending funerals. Evil ****

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

It is not beyond the realms is it that a new, deadlier variant of covid means that restrictions have to be reintroduced. How is the lying bastard who broke his own rules going to have the moral authority to impose any potential future restrictions. 

There is no chance in hell people are listening to those idiots after this scandal

Â