Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

why did they move down the front?

the club accommodated them where they were last season, i can stand all game at the back of the lower holte, so could they, now they've gone down the front and have an issue, brought it on themselves

said many many times on here, they're a load of nonsense

This x100. There was no hassle last year as far as I know when they were up at the back of the Holte End.

Sit by them every game , numerous times this season they haven't been supporting the team as they claim , they have been goading the stewards week in , week out. What they are trying to do simply doesn't work , none of the rest of the holte generally join in with their songs. Many of this bunch have good intention , but equally as many are there to have a pop at the stewards , having said that the stewards were over zealous yesterday.The simple answer is to accommodate them at the back of one of the stands where to won't infringe peoples view by standing

• Like 4

jeez - what an embarrassment.

I get the idea of having a section of the crowd intent on singing to get the rest going - it is admirable.

However, from that youtube clip, it just comes across as a bunch of pissed up teenagers and blokes who are old enough to know better, intent on standing up and telling all and sundry to f*** off. It's not as if they're even co-ordinated in their chants etc.

• Like 2

They're poor and unnecessary. As the poster above says if they were to actually coordinate great, but they don't. And I'm not having this "better fan than you" shit either, I pay my dues 25 times a season minimum and I'm as loud as anyone. Each individual has a right to watch the game however suits them, but collectively they are a bit of a nuisance and they are too arrogant to realise it I think.

Anyway, whatever, the atmosphere was great yesterday, particularly given the 1.30 Sunday KO. Well done all.

• Like 4

Last season, when they were sitting down the side of the lower Holte they were fantastic to be sat by, great atmosphere, no problem with standing. No idea why they moved to be honest. Having not sat by them this season I can't comment on their behaviour but I think they're sorely missed in LH

• Like 1

I'd love us to have proper ultras that do shit like this...

725x457_Dresden_Ultras_02.jpg

a41195ee03f2c894c64d2c34cdacac89.jpg

Palace have got the closest thing but English home fans in general are so drab unless it's a big game (yesterday for instance). I'd love us to make VP an intimidating cauldron of noise.

• Like 2

Palace have got the closest thing but English home fans in general are so drab unless it's a big game (yesterday for instance). I'd love us to make VP an intimidating cauldron of noise.

totally agree. the more intimidating a football ground is the better. regarding the group concerned ive never been near them so cant really comment but its probably six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Yup a right bunch of tossers how dare they try and create an atmosphere! Looks like a jobsworth bunch of stewards to me. If you don't want to stand or sing and want to sit there moaning all match go into the Doug Ellis please. Why go into the Holte to sit?

The game vs Birmingham the whole ground looked to have stood throughout the match. It looked and sounded amazing on TV. A proper atmosphere. 

• Like 3

If I'm honest, I don't think I would like us to have something like the 'proper ultras' from Dortmund. As intimidating as a big skull is, I think it would just make us appear like fanatical nutters as a whole, rather than people loving their team and getting behind them. Europe has some serious problems with football violence, racism and so on, I'd rather we intimidated opposing teams by being good at football, rather than making them think they're in physical danger by attending a football match. I'm so proud of my club, and I'm happy if we have a section of the crowd who sing loud and stand, and that's fine, I do worry that being proper ultras sounds very much like its on the brink of being a gang, and one that would be divisive of our fans, rather than of opponents. Just my hapence worth! 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Obviously I wouldn't want any violence or threat of violence attached to it but look teams like Dortmund and St Pauli, all about the atmosphere.

European games are embarrassing when you have foreign fans bouncing and singing for 90 minutes in the away end while the English home fans just sit there in silence unless they have a chance on goal.

Obviously I wouldn't want any violence or threat of violence attached to it but look teams like Dortmund and St Pauli, all about the atmosphere.

European games are embarrassing when you have foreign fans bouncing and singing for 90 minutes in the away end while the English home fans just sit there in silence unless they have a chance on goal.

The atmosphere at English games is shit

The atmosphere at English games is shit

That's what I'm saying.

• Like 3

Anyone who has been to a game in Germany will laugh when people go on about the atmosphere at English games.

Yep I go to Germany every year to watch Hannover and usually another game. My German friends come and watch Villa and although I took them to a great atmosphere away at Old Trafford (from the Villa fans anyway) any home games I've taken them to have been a tad embarrassing.

Need to try and find them a game like Sunday's, SHA or the two Albion home games last season.

I think we've had this conversation before. For me, the atmosphere at English / British football grounds is not a patch on what it used to be, and there are many factors as to why this is. However there is still a unique feel to English football, which brings fans from all over the world to our stadiums. I for one wouldn't want to lose that, so I'd not be a fan of adopting the kind of support you find on the Continent, or in South America. Supporting an English club is about spontaneity, and has a certain wit that you don't find anywhere else. Give me a guttural raw, and chant that starts at the back of the Holte and spreads around whole of the ground, over a bloke with a mega phone telling you what to sing and when, any day of the week.

• Like 2

I think we've had this conversation before. For me, the atmosphere at English / British football grounds is not a patch on what it used to be, and there are many factors as to why this is. However there is still a unique feel to English football, which brings fans from all over the world to our stadiums. I for one wouldn't want to lose that, so I'd not be a fan of adopting the kind of support you find on the Continent, or in South America. Supporting an English club is about spontaneity, and has a certain wit that you don't find anywhere else. Give me a guttural raw, and chant that starts at the back of the Holte and spreads around whole of the ground, over a bloke with a mega phone telling you what to sing and when, any day of the week.

I get what your saying and I know all the restrictions put on English football fans haven't helped but a good atmosphere from a home crowd is so rare these days. I do enjoy the 'banter' (shudder at that word) between sets of fans that seems unique to English football.

It would just be better if attending a game was 50% about the match and 50% about the match day experience.

Â