Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

They have also been offered a space all together in the holte end upper at no additional cost , with the club offering to do all the admin to relocate them , they haven't took the club up on their offer , if you have witnessed them jumping all over each other whilst young children are in tears amongst them , constantly swearing at and goading club officals ,you may have the same opinion as me regarding them.

• Like 3

If you want to sit down go to the theatre or cinema not a bloody football match FFS.

grow up.

I have never sat down at a football ground 

congratulations.

there's old fellas at Villa Park who have forgotten more about the club than you will ever know who can't stand for 90 minutes. There's children, the future season ticket holders and fans who even if they do stand, can't see a thing. The "if you want to sit down **** off" argument is embarrassing. It's perfectly possible to have fun and sing and get off your seat as well as being considerate to other people.

I dont go anymore but I always stood when there was terracing and in the new all seater staduims at Villa I always stood at the back of the upper holte and then later at the back of the lower North. Away games whenever I have been with Villa everyone has always stood up so the seats are pretty redundant being an away fan

I dont go anymore but I always stood when there was terracing and in the new all seater staduims at Villa I always stood at the back of the upper holte and then later at the back of the lower North. Away games whenever I have been with Villa everyone has always stood up so the seats are pretty redundant being an away fan

Out of interest why don't you go anymore? 

Out of interest why don't you go anymore? 

The main reason being my job, I work every other Saturday so a season ticket became pointless, I used to go home and away under MON & Houllier and I would do about 15 games a season home and away. The appointment of McLeish really disappointed me and on principle I decided to stay away however I did force myself to go to about 3/4 games that season and I found myself utterly bored and miserable. I went to a handful of games during Lamberts tenure but not many and just found I wasn't enjoying anymore. The atmosphere had gone the football was abysmal so I stopped. I watch online when I can but I just don't enjoy the club like I used to. I had a season ticket from 86 to 05 but I wouldnt get one ever again even if Villa pick up. I find myself watching less and less premier league football every year and would rather go back abroad and watch another Madrid,Milan or Dortmund game if I'm honest as it's much more fun. The premier league is crap, over priced, over regulated (inside the stadiums). I have watched Sutton and Boldmere St Michael this season and have found that more enjoyable

In an ideal world, football grounds would be 50% safe standing (the individual berths like they do in Germany) and 50% seated. 

You cant charge as much for standing though........cheaper tickets is not how the premier league operates, they would much rather shaft you £30-£60 to watch a load of shit

• Like 1

Fair KHV I misunderstood your post, I thought it was an odd brag about not being concerned about whether people can see or not. I assume you'd be be an advocate for safe standing? It would be a revelation for the atmosphere at games in my opinion.

Also with a bigger capacity then overall prices could come down, I'm sure the club would be happy to increase attendance and keep ticket revenue the same.

In an ideal world, football grounds would be 50% safe standing (the individual berths like they do in Germany) and 50% seated. 

You cant charge as much for standing though........cheaper tickets is not how the premier league operates, they would much rather shaft you £30-£60 to watch a load of shit

I'd pay the same to stand. I got to games with the hope of being able to stand anyway.

Also, can I have a beer in the stand please.

you reckon?

my only issue with safe standing is that i dont actually think it will see a reduction in prices or as a way of getting fans who can no longer afford it back in the ground, which i think is the genuine intention, it'll see an increase in ground capacity, we'll take out 1k seats and in theory get 2k people in standing, if they knock 50% off the ticket price then the club isnt losing money

man utd, arsenal, chelsea etc (dont think liverpool would do it) do you think they would knock 50% off? they'll increase the capacity and id put my cock on the block and say they'll charge more for a standing ticket than we would for our most expensive seated ticket in VP, if they reduce standing tickets by 25% they'll still be cheaper, but the increased capacity would result in it making them money

and then it'll become a tourist trap, come experience the famous english football terrace...

I'd pay the same to stand. I got to games with the hope of being able to stand anyway.

Also, can I have a beer in the stand please.

no because you'd punch women and children in the face

you can get absolutely battered in the pub next door and on the concourse though

• Like 2

Fair KHV I misunderstood your post, I thought it was an odd brag about not being concerned about whether people can see or not. I assume you'd be be an advocate for safe standing? It would be a revelation for the atmosphere at games in my opinion.

Also with a bigger capacity then overall prices could come down, I'm sure the club would be happy to increase attendance and keep ticket revenue the same.

I dint really make it clear though, my bad, Yes I would be all for safe standing especially after standing on the yellow wall in Dortmund, its very safe and plenty of room per individual and you have enough space to jump up and down without bumping the person next to you! I actually think away games are very unsafe at the moment with 2000 to 4000 people standing up all game. The amount of times I have ended up being shoved over the row of seats in front when we have scored especially at the sty when the celebrations are wild is ridiculous. I have witnessed many people hurting themselves when falling over seats in away sections usually celebrating goals. I have seen children knocked over too, I don't really see a problem standing up at the back of the Upper Holte and on the back rows of the Lower Holte and Lower North Stand but anywhere else isn't really on. Away days are different and from what I have seen all away fans stand up all of the time and I don't think that will change so modern standing would actually make it safer IMO especially for away fans. I just wonder if some of the bigger clubs that charge shit prices would be up for it? Take Arsenal for example, what would be their benefit for cheaper pricing when they can get 60,000 in and hit you with £60 for it?? I rather suspect they would rather have your £60

you reckon?

my only issue with safe standing is that i dont actually think it will see a reduction in prices or as a way of getting fans who can no longer afford it back in the ground, which i think is the genuine intention, it'll see an increase in ground capacity, we'll take out 1k seats and in theory get 2k people in standing, if they knock 50% off the ticket price then the club isnt losing money

man utd, arsenal, chelsea etc (dont think liverpool would do it) do you think they would knock 50% off? they'll increase the capacity and id put my cock on the block and say they'll charge more for a standing ticket than we would for our most expensive seated ticket in VP, if they reduce standing tickets by 25% they'll still be cheaper, but the increased capacity would result in it making them money

and then it'll become a tourist trap, come experience the famous english football terrace...

I paid 20 euros to watch Dortmund play Schalke, 20 euros to watch two champions league teams at the time. Premier league should be ashamed of itself, rip off merchants from top to bottom. You cant even go and watch Norwich vs Bournemouth for that !

• Like 3

thats the thing, anyone who has been to germany and seen what they have (i went to hamburg) will tell you that its far far better than the experience of having the back of a seat half way up their shin all game and landing 3 rows in front of you when we score 

i can kind of understand why people are holding it back but football is a very different place

struggling to understand why they wont even trial it, give us those 1k seats in the corner for safe standing, cake it in CCTV, increase the stewards, let us prove that it will work

thats the thing, anyone who has been to germany and seen what they have (i went to hamburg) will tell you that its far far better than the experience of having the back of a seat half way up their shin all game and landing 3 rows in front of you when we score 

i can kind of understand why people are holding it back but football is a very different place

struggling to understand why they wont even trial it, give us those 1k seats in the corner for safe standing, cake it in CCTV, increase the stewards, let us prove that it will work

They should put the standing in the lower north at first, you cant see bugger all anyway if you sit down at the front

On the beer thing, I've no issue with them not serving beer while the games on, if you want to be in a pub go to a pub, but why can't you take it into the stands with you? Surely necking beforehand or 2 at half time it is not good for you either.

Make it a 1 plastic cup per person thing or something, give it a trial. It's such an odd rule that makes such little sense in a society that advocates 24 hour drinking.

Â