Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

Celtic are on stream to introduce standing Season 2016/17, season ticket holders this season are been given the opportunity to prebook there places, this is something Villa should be really pushing for, it would solve so many problems. As KHV said lower north is a no brainer,  but lower holt would be stunning.

It would make such a difference to our club, potentially changing it completely, especially as we enter this new French era :) 

Vive la Villa

Edited by DeHavilland

On the beer thing, I've no issue with them not serving beer while the games on, if you want to be in a pub go to a pub, but why can't you take it into the stands with you? Surely necking beforehand or 2 at half time it is not good for you either.

Make it a 1 plastic cup per person thing or something, give it a trial. It's such an odd rule that makes such little sense in a society that advocates 24 hour drinking.

Every single stadium event in the world let's you take an alcoholic drink to your seat apart from football in Britain it seems.

yeah but if they are the back of the lower or upper holte then no one will be able to see them...

Why would you need to see them? - they dont have flags or banners anymore

They will be allowed them if they move to the back apparently. But this rather defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. Why do other ultra firms (Crystal Palace etc) allow and encourage their stuff at the front of the stands but not us?  As for the law and enforcement, the stuff from the club say they were acting because of complaints from other fans and no one else seemingly.

The club should offer the moaners a move to a more suitable stand, not move the Brigada lot.

We might see an atmosphere then.

As for British fans not embracing the Ultra scene, I believe that to be old man's drivel. 

We didn't embrace continental cafe culture until 5 years ago, but it happened. 

Edited by supernova26

you cant even drink in the boxes during the game

what? :blink:

if you're corporate you cant have a drink in the box during the game or at half time, you have to go to the bar on the concourse

How long has that been the case?? I'm sure I have drank in a box before although I may be going back about 20 years,

in the 5/6 occasions I've been in a box over the last 10 years thats definitely been the case, you could drink up until about ten minutes before kick off but you cant get a drink whilst the game is on, im at kiddy harriers corporate for tomorrows non league day, i'll have a look

tried looking it up, struggling to find anything, but i did see that ipswich were campaigning to bring drink back in to the stands, designated areas and on a game by game advice from the police basis

On 10/11/2015, 19:56:39, KHV said:
On 10/11/2015, 15:30:01, supernova26 said:

Anyone been to an Aris game? 

Yes I have and as I posted earlier I will never beat that experience in my life. I'd love to see the holte end like that but Mr health and safety would never allow it!

To be honest the last thing I want at a game is flares or big flag in my face or some bloke shouting down a mega phone or beating a big drum. 

Im all creating a good atmosphere but there's ways of doing it that don't involve hostility which is what I believe is shown in that video.

I want to feel safe at a game. I cringe when I see away fans piling down the stands after a goal. 

On 12 November 2015 16:34:41, dont_do_it_doug. said:

On the beer thing, I've no issue with them not serving beer while the games on, if you want to be in a pub go to a pub, but why can't you take it into the stands with you? Surely necking beforehand or 2 at half time it is not good for you either.

Make it a 1 plastic cup per person thing or something, give it a trial. It's such an odd rule that makes such little sense in a society that advocates 24 hour drinking.

Totally agree. It's a hangover (excuse the pun) of the dark days of the 70s and 80s, and like you say seems out-dated and ultimately futile because people can, and do, drink to excess either side of each 45 mins. 

If they just let you take it to the stand, I'm sure more people would nurse a beer for 45mins, and then get another for the second half, rather than necking beers over a shorter space of time.

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

To be honest the last thing I want at a game is flares or big flag in my face or some bloke shouting down a mega phone or beating a big drum. 

Im all creating a good atmosphere but there's ways of doing it that don't involve hostility which is what I believe is shown in that video.

I want to feel safe at a game. I cringe when I see away fans piling down the stands after a goal. 

That's fair enough. Having stood in the middle of it I thought it was terrific, I can understand people not wanting to be in the midst of it though. 

On 13 November 2015 at 02:55:22, supernova26 said:

They will be allowed them if they move to the back apparently. But this rather defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. Why do other ultra firms (Crystal Palace etc) allow and encourage their stuff at the front of the stands but not us?  As for the law and enforcement, the stuff from the club say they were acting because of complaints from other fans and no one else seemingly.

The club should offer the moaners a move to a more suitable stand, not move the Brigada lot.

As for British fans not embracing the Ultra scene, I believe that to be old man's drivel. 

Why do you need to embrace the ultra scene? Why don't you be original instead of copying a continental thing? Also seeing as Brigada have been going a a couple of years now and don't seem to be doing much I don't think it'll ever catch on. 

On 13 November 2015 at 02:55:22, supernova26 said: They will be allowed them if they move to the back apparently. But this rather defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. Why do other ultra firms (Crystal Palace etc) allow and encourage their stuff at the front of the stands but not us?  As for the law and enforcement, the stuff from the club say they were acting because of complaints from other fans and no one else seemingly.

Why do you need to embrace the ultra scene? Why don't you be original instead of copying a continental thing? Also seeing as Brigada have been going a a couple of years now and don't seem to be doing much I don't think it'll ever catch on. 

Okay, let's think of something original then because I'll take anything over the current state of affairs at VP.

Crazy outdated rule but no politician is prepared to stick their neck out to change it. If someone even accidently drops a plastic cup of beer the media will jump on it and say it was a full scale riot. Then it's all that politicians fault.

This is just typical of today's intolerance.

we might like to remember, why all seater stadia was introduced in the first place, because the minority, could'nt behave responsibly, subsequently gates went down ironically affecting gates adversely......does that not in it self affect atmosphere, that some crave.....how paradoxical can you get.

look we all like/want atmosphere, the question is at what price.

in the main this is a generation thing and bullying elder supporters who are FORCED to stand up is disrespectful to the older generation, equally kids can't see either.....its just a self centred approach for the lust of tribal warfare.....at any cost to fellow supporters,there is no consideration for others at all.

whether all seater stadia was the answer or not is not the point, it's the law.

my suggestion is abide by it or get it changed in a constitutional way.

my message to those who want to stand is.......do as you are ******* told or sling your hook.

3 hours ago, Vincenzo said:

Crazy outdated rule but no politician is prepared to stick their neck out to change it. If someone even accidently drops a plastic cup of beer the media will jump on it and say it was a full scale riot. Then it's all that politicians fault.

You only have to look at rugby, to find out why there is a problem with soccer. Its a whole different level of fellow fan consideration and responsible spectating.

the minority of soccer fans have caused the problem the same issue does not exist at rugby on the same scale.

Â