Midweek football 24/27 August

andykeenan

you think that was clear cut? really? are you trying to be the lino in his shoes? no way was that "clear cut" it was so close. His body was offisde but his legs wasnt. You have to look at the player kicking the ball, and quickly look at player receiving. No way is that clear cut for a lino and they need help. Im sick of wrong decisions being made constantly. Football means ALOT for people. 38 games is not enough to decide who the best team is . Make variance less.(technology)...and we get closer to see who the true position of teams in the league at the end of it.

If it wasn't that clear cut then you've just summed up my point, that's watched by a video ref and you get a decision, it's watched by a different video ref and you get a different decision, if that's the case then what's the point?

The best example for me would be the Suarez dive vs us 2 years a go, that was about a 70/30 split in the media, MOTD was convinced it was a foul, lineker was an absolute dick about it, his opinion doesn't make it right

I'm of the opinion that you can only use technology if it can establish fact, I've got no problem using it for mistaken identity

You can let the linos actually do something (how many times per game will you see a Lino look at the ref before giving a decision despite bring a lot closer?) you can have the guy behind the goal if he's allowed to actually do something, you can let the 4th official actually do something, retrospective punishment for cheats has to be done too IMO

Benteke, Sturridge, Coutinho, and Firmino can honestly be the best attacking group in the league. Three of them are ripping arsenal apart. If it were for Benteke missing a sitter, a bit of luck with the posts, and Cech have a world class match, it would be 4-0. 

I loved how when Coutinho hit the post (brilliant footwork btw), Tyler's first reaction was literally "DID CECH TOUCH IT", when you could barely even tell from the slow motion replay that he barely got 1 fingertip on it :lol:

Milner pulling the strings too. He's so good in central midfield. Shame he wasted the last 4 years of his career playing out wide for club and country.

His Premier League winner medals would suggest it wasn't wasted tbh. 

I loved how when Coutinho hit the post (brilliant footwork btw), Tyler's first reaction was literally "DID CECH TOUCH IT", when you could barely even tell from the slow motion replay that he barely got 1 fingertip on it :lol:

Dunno, I saw it straight away. In fact, you could hear he got a touch on it before it hit the post. 

Well to be fair, if Cech did not get the finger tip on it, it definitely would have been a goal. Cech's touch pushed it to the post.

Milner pulling the strings too. He's so good in central midfield. Shame he wasted the last 4 years of his career playing out wide for club and country.

His Premier League winner medals would suggest it wasn't wasted tbh. 

Depends what you mean by wasted I suppose. In terms of trophies and his bank account, Milner didn't waste the last 4 years, in terms of his standing in the game and where he could have potentially been if he'd been playing CM over the last 4 years, then he has wasted them. And it's not as if his choice was either win trophies or improve as a CM, he could've easily done both if he waited for the right club.

Â