Midweek football 24/27 August

andykeenan

If referees want to stop players from throwing themselves to the ground, they need to be giving decisions for fouls, irrespective of whether the player has been floored.

Giroud was fouled but still got his shot away. Still a foul, therefore could have been a penalty. Guarantee if he throws himself to the floor instead of attempting to score, the ref gives the foul.

Milner pulling the strings too. He's so good in central midfield. Shame he wasted the last 4 years of his career playing out wide for club and country.

His Premier League winner medals would suggest it wasn't wasted tbh. 

I loved how when Coutinho hit the post (brilliant footwork btw), Tyler's first reaction was literally "DID CECH TOUCH IT", when you could barely even tell from the slow motion replay that he barely got 1 fingertip on it :lol:

Dunno, I saw it straight away. In fact, you could hear he got a touch on it before it hit the post. 

Same.

I exclaimed "What a save!" as soon as it happened.

you think that was clear cut? really? are you trying to be the lino in his shoes? no way was that "clear cut" it was so close. His body was offisde but his legs wasnt. You have to look at the player kicking the ball, and quickly look at player receiving. No way is that clear cut for a lino and they need help. Im sick of wrong decisions being made constantly. Football means ALOT for people. 38 games is not enough to decide who the best team is . Make variance less.(technology)...and we get closer to see who the true position of teams in the league at the end of it.

If it wasn't that clear cut then you've just summed up my point, that's watched by a video ref and you get a decision, it's watched by a different video ref and you get a different decision, if that's the case then what's the point?

The best example for me would be the Suarez dive vs us 2 years a go, that was about a 70/30 split in the media, MOTD was convinced it was a foul, lineker was an absolute dick about it, his opinion doesn't make it right

I'm of the opinion that you can only use technology if it can establish fact, I've got no problem using it for mistaken identity

You can let the linos actually do something (how many times per game will you see a Lino look at the ref before giving a decision despite bring a lot closer?) you can have the guy behind the goal if he's allowed to actually do something, you can let the 4th official actually do something, retrospective punishment for cheats has to be done too IMO

The fact it isnt clear cut is EXACTLY why its needed. Variance in the league is huge. 38 games in not enough. Anything to reduce variance as much as possible to determine who the best team is much needed. Ill be amazed if "decisions equal out" for every team over a 38 game sample size. (i actually want to see what the results are for that from a legit source, in regards to offside). There is no ifs or maybes about offside. Either a player is offside or it isnt due to the laws of the game. Ive posted in a previous thread about how other decisions need much work for technology to be introduced but offsides is literally a yes or no and it takes about 2 seconds to clear it up (you can do it whilst the team is celebrating a goal)

dont think im talking about every "maybe" decision like you have done in your post (for some reason you talked about saurez?).

the fact that liverpool has had two decisions go in their way (a mistake in a goal  both offside,  when its 0-0 is HUGE in the actual game) shows the table would already be different. Sorry but its just not acceptable. Its a multi-billion industry. Not good enough.

Theres a post up there which is saying "arsenal is not good enough". But they scored a legit goal in the game where no teams has not scored. If the decision was correctly called, would people be saying that? (fwiw, that post saying "cech , first point they won them" is laughable. imo, totally ignoring the incorrect goal decision it seems)

Edited by gharperr

God Arsenal were poor, very disappointed in them so far, first point Cech has won for them.

Liverpool were excellent I thought at both ends and already Benteke and Coutinho have struck up a good combination.

Liverpool had the better first half but Arsenal were completely dominant in the second, they didn't look too bad at all especially considering the makeshift defence.

Edited by penguin

was an even game overall and for a 0-0 was very enojyable. 1st of saw of both teams this season and not that impressed long term. Liverpool need another striker and thought Clyne was poor as Arsenal exploited him 2nd half as for  Arsenal well Wenger needs another striker and somehow find Ozil out of the team. Dont know why he didnt start Chamberlain

its all very easy saying "arsenal need another striker" but who exactly can they buy. There is a serious lack of strikers available. (please dont say benteke...he would not have made difference today)

Taking giroud off for walcott was pretty lolwtf given how deep plop was getting.

Find ozil out the team. :o! eh?.

Edited by gharperr

its all very easy saying "arsenal need another striker" but who exactly can they buy. There is a serious lack of strikers available. (please dont say benteke...he would not have made difference today)

Taking giroud off for walcott was pretty lolwtf given how deep plop was getting.

Find ozil out the team. :o! eh?.

I actually think Benteke could have made a difference today for Arsenal. Giroud wasn't on it, his link up play weren't great and he just had an off game. Benteke would have been better than Giroud today. Which is all he would need to be.

Thought Liverpool created more throughout the game tbh although second half was more counter attacking.

Still very impressive performance for any away team at Emirates.

Paul Lambert and Alan Curbishley have won at the Emirates so not that impressive ;)

Â