Midweek football 24/27 August

andykeenan

In the Lazio game, Keita has his shorts tugged, a la Helenius but they stay up. So does the player and gets his shot away but it comes to nothing.

Doesn't detract from the fact that it's a blatant foul in the box and should be a penalty. If he goes down I bet the ref gives it. 

Refs need to be giving fouls without the players having to thrown themselves to the ground if they wish to cut out the diving.

• Like 2

2-0, that was some shoddy defending

From a Martinez team? I find that almost impossible to be believe be surprised about.

haha, martinez was on MNF the other week, and was talking about defensive setups. You could tell carragher disagreed with what he was saying, and I'm sure he was on the verge of telling him he didnt know what he was talking about.

crazy game this one, everton equalise, barnsley go up the other end and score, everton come right back and have it cleared off the line.

Edited by andym

Meanwhile Southampton with 14 minutes to save their European campaign. Come on you Saints. We all want you to play 14 extra games ... eh I mean do well in Europe.

• Like 1

Â