Adama Traore

mwj

56 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Unless he's been told that he's not part of RDM's first team plans?

It would help him immensly if he could turn up on time for games, maybe then he would get some game time

• Like 1

He is definitely part of RDM's plans. I doubt RDM would put him in the 18 basically immediately when Traore got fit again if he wasn't in the plans. 

Traore seems like he thinks he deserves to be starting every match. No he needs to earn his spot. Just because you have talent, doesn't mean you are guaranteed a starting role. Prove yourself Traore and the minutes will come. 

Meh. The guy is a pretty limited footballer, who has no football brain whatsoever. Rotherham was the perfect example, he picks the ball up, sprints past a few players, cocks up a simple pass and then doesn't touch the ball again. He literally had no idea what was going on, he was so isolated from the game that no one even bothered marking him. 

Someone so direct could be useful late in a games at this level, so i was hoping he could get himself fit, but he isn't worth anywhere near what we are paying him and never will be imo. If Barcelona can't teach you basic skills like the ability to pass a ball and work within a team no one will. 

As i said above, i was hoping to see him a few times this season, so this may come across as sour grapes now he has said he wants to leave. But hand on heart, if last week you offered me a Ravel Morrison or a Abel Henandaz in exchange I would have snapped your arm off. 

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I have an awful feeling we are going to be stuck with him.

After the last 12 months, i think he represents a huge risk for any interested party given the figures that would be involved. As he was seemingly in the Managers plans i can't imagine the club would be looking to sell at a loss, and I'm not sure Adama himself would want to take a significant drop in salary. 

All things considered, i think i agree pal, there won't be many clubs queuing up to sign him. 

Nah reading the news he'll be off. Gutted. 

He's played under a succession of shiit managers.

Only player that could get me out of my seat.

Brum Mail said Spanish suitors so maybe a mid-tier Spanish club he'll go to.

Queue lots of posts saying we don't want him here anyway etc :rolleyes:

Guess we can buy another 30+ has (never been) been with the cash.

Edited by Holtern8

8 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Guess we can buy another 30+ has been with the cash.

Not sure if serious....?

Edited by daggy_333

10 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Guess we can buy another 30+ has (never been) been with the cash.

2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Not sure if serious....?

Not sure if both posted twice or if i'm in the twilight zone?

8 hours ago, Pilchard said:

Nah - his agent is clever. Most agents are - isn't there the rumour didn't we have to sign Crespo as a sweetener to get Traore?

If he's put in a transfer request then there are clubs that have indicated an interest in him and he fancies it. I don't think any players are advised so poorly that they end up rotting in the reserves anymore (Well, apart from Gabby).

Not sure who the worst is?...

can we get someone to sign gabby to get Lescott?☹️

My feeling on this is that it's no big loss , because we never really "had" him.

Never completed 90 mins for one reason or another and although I agree he is exciting in the glimpses we have seen but like others have said he generally appears to be a speed merchant who lacks teamwork.

Edited by dounavilla
  • Like 1

He's just had a season being influenced by some of the most pathetic managers and senior players this clubs (any club for that matter) has ever had.  Given how young and therefore impressionable he is i'd excuse the apparent attitude being shown.

Regardless of what some of you think about his weaknesses - and i'm not saying there aren't - he's simply too special to just throw away first chance we get.  Keep him, teach him, let the new leaders we've bought influence him!  We'll regret it if we don't at least try!

#KEEPTHEBEAST

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

He's just had a season being influenced by some of the most pathetic managers and senior players this clubs (any club for that matter) has ever had.  Given how young and therefore impressionable he is i'd excuse the apparent attitude being shown.

Regardless of what some of you think about his weaknesses - and i'm not saying there aren't - he's simply too special to just throw away first chance we get.  Keep him, teach him, let the new leaders we've bought influence him!  We'll regret it if we don't at least try!

#KEEPTHEBEAST

We're not actively trying to sell him. We're not throwing him away. He doesn't want to be here, he doesn't want to learn or be influenced. At least not here. 

Let him go. 

• Like 3

shame he wants to go, but lets be honest, did he ever seem like a player that belongs at villa?

despite only paying £7m, we shouldnt accept anything in single figures, and this now leaves our right side extremely weak, were going to need a first choice right back and right winger now

Â