Adama Traore

mwj

I havent actually seen any quotes from this just that guy from Birmingham Evening Mail who knows **** all about Aston Villa

this is one of his comments on it

A regular accusation against the youngster is that he is a little too lightweight.

As with any player leaving the club it's no issue as long as we replace them. 

With Adama I doubt we will be able to replace him with a more talented player but if we can find someone who is capable of starting 5 games in a row they will be a much more valuable player to us. 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I havent actually seen any quotes from this just that guy from Birmingham Evening Mail who knows **** all about Aston Villa

this is one of his comments on it

That's mental.
Perhaps Gregg went to the same school of Journalism as Bill Howell. Another bitter west brom fan who ended up having to report on their obsession.

I'm a big advocate of his and this hasnt changed my mind about his talent or ability. He clearly feels as if he should be playing at a higher level and I understand that, I am sure that Ayew feels the same.

But the fact he hasn't done anything here means that he will be difficult to recoup our outlay on.

I'd tell him yes, if the fee is right for us, otherwise prove that you are worth it. He's so much more likely to get the move he wants if he got his head down here for a season and proved that he can be a team player. 

No one doubts his potential.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ponky said:

I don't think he'll be going anywhere. I can't see many first division clubs anywhere taking a punt on a kid who has barely played any first team football anywhere; certainly not for anywhere near what we paid.

Best he could hope for is a loan somewhere and even then I think the club should only agree if the arrangement is advantageous to us. 

This is one of those situations where even if the player wants out the club holds the best cards. It's not like going on strike would change anything, and i can't see him having enough influence in the dressing room to cause any problems.

i suspect that his injury record is really him having already gone on strike... other than that, agree completely.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

stoke signed shaquiri and we ended up with this flop

Shaqiri played for Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, 2 World Cups and played about 50 caps for Switzerland

Adama played 3 games for Barcelona and was relegated from 2nd tier the season before

not really a great comparison

10 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Get rid if he doesn't want to be here, but as others have said, who is going to pay the same amount on wages for an injury-prone player?

Nobody, because no other teams were run just as piss-poorly as Villa have been the past few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

With Adama I doubt we will be able to replace him with a more talented player but if we can find someone who is capable of starting 5 games in a row they will be a much more valuable player to us. 

The kind of money he is on, I have no doubt we could replace him with a better player.

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

Right from the off I felt it would end something like this. Thinks he is already a superstar before he has even delivered half a dozen decent perfromances on the trot.  For me there was never the slightest chance that he would become a regular and valuable member of the team. No doubt we will make a loss on the deal

A complete waste from the start - If we'd have spent similar money on a different player last season might have ended differently

Its interesting what you say, because with the benefit of experience we somehow know what is going to happen and I felt the same as you as soon as I seen him.....There has been and will be no development with him.

I just hope now,we have people who know what they are doing in the transfer market much more than the past.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm a big advocate of his and this hasnt changed my mind about his talent or ability. He clearly feels as if he should be playing at a higher level and I understand that, I am sure that Ayew feels the same.

But the fact he hasn't done anything here means that he will be difficult to recoup our outlay on.

I'd tell him yes, if the fee is right for us, otherwise prove that you are worth it. He's so much more likely to get the move he wants if he got his head down here for a season and proved that he can be a team player. 

No one doubts his potential.

I do. He has shown no improvement since he joined us, and he has shown no signs of being capable of improving in the future.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villaglint said:

It has been said many times.....Talent is but one aspect of their play, and important one granted, but on its own a firework without a touch paper.

.....If I had a pound for every time a talented player doesn't make a decent grade, I would be a rich man.

Edited by TRO

Â