Adama Traore

mwj

DON'T GIVE ADAMA Aston Villa transfer news: Teenage flop Adama Traore has told Roberto Di Matteo he wants to quit the Championship club

Traore has cost an eye-watering £2.34million per hour for the club after failing to break into the first-team

EXCLUSIVE

BY GRAEME BRYCE

17th August 2016, 10:29 pm

ASTON VILLA fans’ favourite Adama Traore has told Roberto Di Matteo he wants to quit the Championship club.

Despite costing an eye-watering £2.34million PER HOUR since arriving from Barcelona’s B-team a year ago!

Aston Villa manager Roberto Di Matteo

Incredibly, failed owner Randy Lerner shelled out £7million for the Barca teenager last August, with a further £5million agreed in potential add-ons.

He then handed the youngster a staggering £60,000-a-week basic salary, rising to £100,000 a week if he managed to keep Villa in the Premier League.

However it’s safe to say Traore, who was touted as one of the hottest properties in Europe when he arrived in a blaze of publicity, failed to hit any of his targets after flopping disastrously.

The seldom-seen winger has NEVER completed 90 minutes of top team football for Villa, and has only managed one start for the club …. a 5-3 Capital One Cup win against Notts County!

Ironically, Traore scored his one and only Villa goal that night before being carried off with a broken foot after an hour.

Since then he has only been seen in fleeting appearances off the bench as he failed to get to grips with English football – or convince Tim Sherwood, Remi Garde, caretaker boss Eric Black or Roberto Di Matteo he was worth a start.

In total Traore has made a dozen appearances for Villa since arriving in the Midlands – 11 of them from the bench!

His only win bonuses in that time have come against Notts County and Rotherham, when fans caught a glimpse of him for the last 16 minutes of Villa’s 3-0 win on Tuesday.

However Traore stunned manager Roberto Di Matteo after the Rotherham win by telling the Italian he wanted to leave the club.

The youngster first showed signs of dissent last season when he was carpeted for posting an angry statement on Facebook after being left out of Villa’s squad to face Southampton.

He wrote: “They underestimate you, make you feel worthless.’

The Barcelona-born kid, who has Mali heritage was at it again this summer, telling FOOTMALI TV he was unsure if he would stay at Villa after failing to convince three Villa bosses he was the real deal.

He revealed: “I still have a contract with Villa. God willing you will hear more shortly.”

Sources close to the club say the Spanish youngster failed to apply himself in training and had little grasp of game-management.

Villa will now look to offload their flop winger, who showed lightning acceleration but little else during his ill-fated time in B6.

Despite seeing so little of him, Villa fans liked what they saw during his brief appearances for the club and Traore became something of a cult figure.

However it’s unlikely supporters will be amused by his desire to quit the club now Villa have dropped out of the Premier League.

Ironically, when former boss Tim Sherwood was asked to describe Traore on the day he signed him, he jokingly replied: “He’s a bit of Messi and a bit of Cristiano Ronaldo!

“He is very dynamic, very quick. He stays wide, picks the ball up runs at defenders and doesn’t give them a minute’s peace.

“He is someone I’ve been tracking for a long time. I tried to see if it was possible to bring him to Tottenham when I was there.

“We are delighted he has chosen Aston Villa to continue his development. But we realize he is not the finished article by any means and needs developing.

“He’s a powerful boy, a maverick type of player and you never know what’s going to come out next with him.

“Those players are very few and far between.”

Another flop from ;last season then

If everyone's in agreement then I reckon they'll find him a loan in Spain or something. But if he is throwing a strop then I can't see that working out for him - it's not about Adama, it's the precedent this will set.

Jesus Christ.  When you look at what he's actually done on the pitch and then look at what we paid and still pay (£7million transfer, £5million add-ons, £60,000-a-week). Staggering. Good luck finding a club that will pay that for him!!

Edited by Gary Thomas

If this is true I want him gone too!

There is good reason 3 or 4 managers havnt picked you, its because no one wants to have a one man team based around a player who doesnt deserve it.

I cant think of any team who would want to gamble their whole game plan on him tbh, because thats what he needs.

Just imagine being one of his 'teammates' when he comes off the bench. You know the moment he gets the ball you will be lucky to see it again.

If he wants to stick around and slowly learn how to intergrate himself into a team then im all for it, if not then he needs to leave because at present he actually takes away from the whole.

Guys got massive talent but he's always injured and if I was a manager I'm not sure I'd trust him to start games.

I can't believe he's on 60k a week. Lunacy. Probably going a long way to snaffling his career right there, he's a kid.

I don't harbour any resentment to him but if he wants out we should try to make it happen - but retain a sell on fee just in case he ever realises his huge talent. Sadly I don't think he will. 

• Like 1

One of the worst players I've ever seen in a Villa shirt and I've seen some bad ones !

He has pace ..... full stop. He can't read the game, he has no positional sense, he can't pass the ball, he is no goalscorer, he is weak and injury prone, he never defends or even tracks back and he has a shit attitude. You need to be off your head to want him as part of any future Villa team. Trade him for a bag of old footballs asap !

Edited by Paul33

I wonder how this will play out,

It's public now,but I struggle to see a scenario where anyone would match his terms and our requirements at the moment.

The footballing world sees his raw talent,but knows his team limitations.At the top end of the game,which is where those demands are,he hasn't shown enough for him and us to recoup what we've paid out.The grapevine will also be full of the alledged bad attitude to training and the presence of bad company.I can't see Tony writing this one off,especially in light of his prudent comments.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Why is everyone laying into him? I don't blame him for wanting to leave tbh. Massive talent and he's never going to improve if he doesn't play.

I agree - he was the bee's knees yesterday - just needs someone to get into his head about what it will take to succeed. If he simply moves to another club he'll just repeat his mistakes. Jedinak to penetrate his skull (not like that).

• Like 3

Â