Adama Traore

mwj

10 minutes ago, andym said:

He doesn't look that interested in helping out defensively, but he just has raw attacking power that will destroy teams in this league.

that reminds me of a couple of our defenders

• Like 4

Such a frustrating player to watch, going forward with the ball he's incredible. Fast and strong, he can literally go past an entire team.

But... He need's to learn when to release a ball to other players. And he also needs to learn that he has a defensive job to do. Bacuna was constantly shouting at him trying to pull him back to help him out and it left us exposed down the right side.

He could be great, but for now he's a player to bring off the bench with 20 minutes to go to run at a tired defence. I think he would be more effective as a striker personally.

I am not sure the other players want to give him the ball. There were two or three times today when he was in lots of space and could have been released on one of his directionally-unpredictable runs and yet this option was not taken by the other players. Strange.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Such a frustrating player to watch, going forward with the ball he's incredible. Fast and strong, he can literally go past an entire team.

But... He need's to learn when to release a ball to other players. And he also needs to learn that he has a defensive job to do. Bacuna was constantly shouting at him trying to pull him back to help him out and it left us exposed down the right side.

He could be great, but for now he's a player to bring off the bench with 20 minutes to go to run at a tired defence. I think he would be more effective as a striker personally.

Personally, I'd let him do what the hell he wants. It's normally pretty good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I am not sure the other players want to give him the ball. There were two or three times today when he was in lots of space and could have been released on one of his directionally-unpredictable runs and yet this option was not taken by the other players. Strange.

I thought that too. Infact, after the one impressive run he made shortly after coming on, i can't actually remember him.touching the ball again

He is one of the strongest options we have for now. He could develop into a very good player. Sometimes if you play into some players limit they could be more useful than all round players if it was done properly.

I havent seen any games this season yet. I hope they could show us as much as possible.

Really not bothered about Adama.

i appreciate he is explosive, but to me he is not a footballer.

he's a bit like one of those kids who are  brilliant at keepie uppies and juggling the ball. all the skill in the world, but don't actually know how to play the game.

hes a bit of a freakshow (in the nicest terms) and I'd rather have Greene out wide.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, andyh said:

he's a bit like one of those kids who are  brilliant at keepie uppies and juggling the ball. all the skill in the world, but don't actually know how to play the game.

hes a bit of a freakshow (in the nicest terms) and I'd rather have Greene out wide.

I kinda agree. Whilst he's exciting, he's also so frustrating. Though, I didn't see him today so not sure how well he played.

Interesting player, he just needs to learn when to release the ball, and if Barcelona can't teach him that, I doubt we can. 

i really don't know what to think of him.

its like watching a drag racer......the sheer power and speed, is exciting.

but I have to say, I do love watching him " tear it up".

I 'm not sure what to say of his prospects. he has a lot of work to do on his game.

17 minutes ago, andyh said:

Greene?! Saying Clarke was forgivable, but it looks like you're just going out of your way to use E wherever possible. 

So what do people think about putting him into our first team, if he's fully match fit in 2 or 3 matches?

Would you break up the front four of Gestede, McCormack, Ayew and Grealish, which looks like our current first choice front four? 

Maybe keep him as an option for off the bench like today? Or use him as a rotation player, perhaps rotating with Grealish or Ayew?

37 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Maybe keep him as an option for off the bench like today? Or use him as a rotation player, perhaps rotating with Grealish or Ayew?

Depending on the game in play, I would keep him as a sub for the next half dozen games. Hopefully he'll get a few half hours to prove he's worth a starting place.

Â