Adama Traore

mwj

1 hour ago, Dom_Wren said:

I hope he stays and plays, sure hes raw, sure he needs to learn when to pass.

BUT

he gets you off your seat, hes electric, hes direct, he goes forward, I think hes got so much potential, come on, were always talking about how we want to be excited and how boring last season was, and sqaure passes are crap and all that. This guy has it all in his locker, hes unpredictable, dare i say a little like a young more athletic asprilla?

Give him a chance to put the fear of god into opposing defences.

For me, there is nothing more exciting than seeing a player take on and go past an opponent at pace. I don't even care about the passing thing-That is nigh on impossible to coach into a player who plays with such pace. Let him go alone to the by line and put the ball into the danger area-Percentages will prove a winner. Passing square to Westwood, Gana or Vertout to blaze hopelessly wide or hopelessly high is not something I would recommend. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If playing Fifa has taught me anything it's that gunning it to the byline and pulling it back works every time, or at least nearly anyway :)

I realise this is a joke but seriously this is part of the game which seems to have gone out of fashion and I have no idea why. Keeping going to the by-line and whipping it in or pulling it back seems to be most players choice of last resort.

The trend seems to be to cut back again or stopping altogether and laying it back. 

To my mind if you just keep going you have a better chance of finding a defender out of position because he hasn't got back in time or if he has you have a good chance of at least a corner or the ball deflecting off him looping into the box in an unpredictable manner. 

As soon as you cut back you lose all initiative and allow defence to regroup.  Increase the chance of a solid block and reduce the chance of a corner. Also the strikers are less likely to be charging in as they will also have to check their runs allowing their defenders more time to find and mark them up again. 

It has to be coaching doing this and I dont see what it brings. I would encourage them to the byline as often as possible with the occasional check back for variation. 

• Like 3

If last season Traore had indeed got to the byline and whipped the ball we still would've had to wait an age for Gestede to lumber into the box and prod a hopeful foot at it.

I'm still not convinced by Traore though and can't see him being at the club come the end of the transfer window. His niggly injuries, for me point towards someone who isn't ever going to bust a gut for the team. He always looks fit as a fiddle but three managers now have overlooked him when available.

Under Sherwood he came off the bench first game after signing, started the second then spent a number of weeks injured.

By the time he was fit again Garde was in charge and wed gone 10 without a win so that was a bad situation to put a recovering attacking player in to so he got left out.

Not to mention Garde is a very defensive manager.

Black as we all know was just plain clueless so cant draw any conclusions from him...

Edited by flashingqwerty
Typo x2
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Phenomenal talent, I just sincerely hope he's shows it for us if/when he's give the chance.

You mean he can run fast ? What other talent does he have that I've missed ?!!!

6 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

You mean he can run fast ? What other talent does he have that I've missed ?!!!

Are you serious?

Have you seen his ball control? He's probably the best one with it at the club.

Question. If based on what we've seen from both so far and it was a choice to start traore or green down the right who would you go with ?. I'd have to go with Green. Both deliver end product in their own ways but Traore is more liable to put his own team in dangerous situations. Green, although he shows the ability to beat a man, won't try and go past the next 5 after him either which is sensible of course.

Â