Adama Traore

mwj

As much as I like his (albeit seemingly limited so far) ability, and the fact that he looks promising and quick and powerful, I can't see anyone else coming in for him. Unless it's based on a 'he's from Barcelona' (sound like Basil Fawlty) sort of thing, as he hasn't really done any thing to showcase himself here, not that we've helped him with that as previous managers just haven't played him enough imo.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Genuine question.

If he's so good, why has he gotten zero game-time under any manager we've had?

We've been managed by sherwood , garde and black in the time he has been here . I think that answers your question 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Genuine question.

But there is a difference between having talent and having the mentality to go with it. It's similar to Ravel Morrison. It could be the case that he just blatantly disobeys his manager' instructions and does his own thing. No manager is going to put up with that regardless of his talent.

It seems that quite a few of last years recruits had bags of talent but didn't have the mentality to go with it. I think RDM has alluded to assessing player's personalities this time round. When O'Neill was in charge he seemed buy leaders regardless of their talent. IIRC Petrov, Zat Knight, Reo-Coker, Davies, Luke Young, Cuellar had all captained their previous teams at some stage before we signed them.

20 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

But there is a difference between having talent and having the mentality to go with it. It's similar to Ravel Morrison. It could be the case that he just blatantly disobeys his manager' instructions and does his own thing. No manager is going to put up with that regardless of his talent.

It seems that quite a few of last years recruits had bags of talent but didn't have the mentality to go with it. I think RDM has alluded to assessing player's personalities this time round. When O'Neill was in charge he seemed buy leaders regardless of their talent. IIRC Petrov, Zat Knight, Reo-Coker, Davies, Luke Young, Cuellar had all captained their previous teams at some stage before we signed them.

I remember thinking how great this was when we signed them all. I know he wasted A LOT of cash here but MON did have his head screwed on for the most part didn't he? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

12 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

By just plugging the text at the bottom in to google translate, he says something like "I'm bound to Aston Villa by a contract. If it pleases God you'll hear in the coming days", then "Three years. Not Two years." when asked about how long his contract was for, and judging by the next question I think his previous answer can be interpreted as "I signed for Three years, so Two left." Then when he's asked if he'll stay for the two years of his contract in the second decision "We'll see. We'll see."

It's all very non-committal. Personally it seems he'd be willing to give it a year in the Championship unless he gets an offer that is too good for him to turn down, but will probably be looking for a way out if we don't bounce straight back up.

Not trolling and agree with everything but won't Barcelona have some input on where Adama ends up and not him? I only ask because of the buy back clause in his contract.

1 hour ago, JPAngel said:

Genuine question.

Well, how about these for starters...I thought Id use Internationals just for this illustration...under numerous and varied England Managers, some which spring to mind are

Denis Mortimer 0 England Caps

Gary Shaw ?  0 England Caps

Flair players ? Well..

Sid ? 10

Matthew Le Tissier ? 8

Alan Hudson ? 2

Its not unheard of for players to be talented but overlooked.  These are just a few off the top of me 'ed.

FWIW I thing Adama could easily be a liability - but he certainly has shown, in glimpses, that he could be very destructive. It really does seem to me we could afford 1 player like him, if RDM can get him to tick. Could be like Taarabt was for QPR.

2 hours ago, JPAngel said:

Genuine question.

Injury kept him out and then with our losing streak, sherwood tried to be defensive and made some strange choices. 

At times Garde made mcleish look adventurous. 

Black, had a clean slate, and chose to be a word removed. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JPAngel said:

Genuine question.

There is good and then there is Kieran Richardson and Scott Sinclair good. I have high hopes for Traore but I am not sure he can reach those standards.

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Where've you read this? 

It was in an article a few weeks ago. Can't remember where. It wasn't a serious injury. Thigh or groin strain. Anyone else see it or am I imagining it..

11 hours ago, KSV said:

It was in an article a few weeks ago. Can't remember where. It wasn't a serious injury. Thigh or groin strain. Anyone else see it or am I imagining it..

So he's not training now having picked up a non-serious strain a few weeks ago?

That doesn't sound promising...

On 7/6/2016 at 09:58, JPAngel said:

Genuine question.

Genuine question, how shit out of ten were all of those managers? Answer 10/10, three utterly shite managers were at the helm last season.

Â