Rudy Gestede

midian

I think as fans we need to be careful when judging the team selection.  We've been told several times that Sherwood picks the team based on training, so whoever gets put up front we can assume deserved it.

• Like 1

I think as fans we need to be careful when judging the team selection. We've been told several times that Sherwood picks the team based on training, so whoever gets put up front we can assume deserved it.

Definitely no point signing Adebayor then.

• Like 1

Would be a mistake to pick Kozak over him IMO.

Why? Kozak has looked good so far and I've not seen a jot of him to judge. I think he'll get the nod if he is fully fit but can see Kozak scoring from the bench.

I think as fans we need to be careful when judging the team selection. We've been told several times that Sherwood picks the team based on training, so whoever gets put up front we can assume deserved it.

Definitely no point signing Adebayor then.

Ziiiiiing!

Why? Kozak has looked good so far and I've not seen a jot of him to judge. I think he'll get the nod if he is fully fit but can see Kozak scoring from the bench.

DCJ doesn't like Kozak.

I'd agree with the above, Kozak hasn't done much wrong, for tomorrow I'd imagine Kozak has more chance of starting tomorrow though as Gestede won't have had much time to bed in with the team

I'd agree with the above, Kozak hasn't done much wrong, for tomorrow I'd imagine Kozak has more chance of starting tomorrow though as Gestede won't have had much time to bed in with the team
This is how I see it as well. Wouldn't mind Gestede starting either though since he's played Bourne before. Can't wait to see who Tim decides to play tomorrow. Edited by osmark86

Good point on Gestede playing against Bournemouth in the past. If he's done well then that might put him in pole position, fitness allowing.

EDIT : Some research. From looking H2H on soccerbase, he never played against Bournemouth while at Cardiff, but he played against them 3 times for Blackburn scoring once in a 3-2 home win on 23/08/14.

• Like 1

There was comment on the OS from Tim I think saying that some new players won't be up to starting. Think Rudy might fall into this with Veretout. So I guess that leaves Libor as the last man standing, however if Gabby is declared fit to play then I think he will start.

All that said I would be surprised if we didn't see at least a cameo of Big Rudy

As Rudy hasn't even played a public friendly with his new team yet (any 'closed doors' game this week?), I'd give Libor 65 minutes to show his worth and bring Rudy on for the last 28 minutes. After seeing the Forest game, I think Amavi might be key to the success of our two big guys.

DCJ doesn't like Kozak.

Really?

As Rudy hasn't even played a public friendly with his new team yet (any 'closed doors' game this week?), I'd give Libor 65 minutes to show his worth and bring Rudy on for the last 28 minutes. After seeing the Forest game, I think Amavi might be key to the success of our two big guys.

This seems most likely to happen imo and I'll be happy with that.

• Like 1

DCJ doesn't like Kozak.

It's true. On the whole I think he's been pretty poor preseason, only one game where he was good and he was abysmal in his last game.

I'm excited about the strengths Gestede has and how they will suit our new look team. I'd like to see him start as I think we will be much more dangerous.

There was comment on the OS from Tim I think saying that some new players won't be up to starting. Think Rudy might fall into this with Veretout. So I guess that leaves Libor as the last man standing, however if Gabby is declared fit to play then I think he will start.

All that said I would be surprised if we didn't see at least a cameo of Big Rudy

Ayew could also be an option there. He played most of last season as a central striker.

• Like 1

Sounds like Libor will get the chance to prove you wrong tomorrow as the Mail reckon Gestede and Veretout aren't ready to start.

Sounds like Libor will get the chance to prove you wrong tomorrow as the Mail reckon Gestede and Veretout aren't ready to start.

Something tells me a hattrick from Kozak wouldn't change DCJ's mind.

• Like 1

I hope this happens. Not for the sake of turning opinions though.

Yeah just read that, quite disappointed if we do. I'd rather have 3 cm than play a 4-4-2. Although they've based it on pre season rather than any inside info.

Wouldn't convince me he'd be a long term success but I'd be more confident he would contribute more than I think he will. Edited by DCJonah

Â