Dimitar Berbatov

abdomlahor

The hate for Kozak is beyond me, he's done nothing but score goals at a decent rate when not injured.

Thinking Berba is a far superior player isn't anything against Libor, it's just a fact.

The hate for Kozak is beyond me, he's done nothing but score goals at a decent rate when not injured.

What hate? Some people don't rate him very highly but I haven't seen any hate.

No nobody hates him. I would like him to do well. 

Most strikers won't be, even at the top level. He was in a class of his own at times.

Purely in terms of inherent ability, he's right up there with the best, in my opinion.

• Like 1

But Kozak at least fits in to our current front line, our overall 11 and our shape and tactics, Gabby even more so

Berbatov doesn't fit in any way shape or form, we'd have to completely change the way we play to get the best out of him

The way we play hasn't exactly served us well has it.

Changing it seems a no brainer.

Not going to happen, we aren't going to change our set up and style of play for a 34 year old striker who we'll do well to get a good year out of

Especially not with ten days left to the start of the season

After watching the Swindon and wolves game to me it looks very much like sherwoods plans are get the ball down, run the channels, lots of pace, very direct but at least now with the ability to retain the ball in midfield, agree it's the way we have often played and it did ok under sherwood last season, I just don't see where he fits in

Could we sustain this over a full season?

Ayew............Adebayor...........Grealish

Subs: Berbatov, Gabby, Kozak, Gil.

Not for me, there's an odd man out there and given the pre season he's having it's not Kozak.

Haven't even put Sinclair or Robinson in there.

I don't see him signing.

This is up there with Ginola and Pires in terms of a marquee signing that would be very unlikely to succeed.

2-3 years ago it could have been the realms of Merson but now I don't think its a good idea.

However, I don't think its impossible. We are signing young players and seem to be moving on alot of others - someone like this will certainly raise the profile of the dressing room, and as others have said - he's good player to have in the squad. Don't think he would ever be a starter though....

• Like 2

But Kozak at least fits in to our current front line, our overall 11 and our shape and tactics, Gabby even more so

Berbatov doesn't fit in any way shape or form, we'd have to completely change the way we play to get the best out of him

The way we play hasn't exactly served us well has it.

Changing it seems a no brainer.

Not going to happen, we aren't going to change our set up and style of play for a 34 year old striker who we'll do well to get a good year out of

Especially not with ten days left to the start of the season

After watching the Swindon and wolves game to me it looks very much like sherwoods plans are get the ball down, run the channels, lots of pace, very direct but at least now with the ability to retain the ball in midfield, agree it's the way we have often played and it did ok under sherwood last season, I just don't see where he fits in

We've played a style that suits the players available, i'm sure if Gil & Grealish were both fit we would play more of a possession game through the middle.

Are people forgetting berbatov was part of a very poor Fulham side not that long ago.

I'm not saying it was all his fault Fulham were poor, but he is the very definition of a luxury player.

He's obviously a good player but I don't think he'd be the right player for us at all atm.

While I love Petrov and want nothing but the best for his future, if as the report reads it's true that he has recommended Berbatov after Tonev then I hope he doesn't become a scout.

Yes Berbatov was one of the best forwards to grace the Premier League but his best days are over.

• Like 1