Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

36 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I thought watched first game of the season he was avoiding passing to McCormack, is that still going on? Probably.

Of no use if he can't leave his ego at the door.

I noticed that! heard on radio all Ayew had to do was square a ball to McCormack and it may have been 2-0 today.

Some reason i don't think Ayew would like McCormack to take the credit if he scores. Just feeling i get

• Like 3

Ayew strikes me as the sort of bloke that would be ok with losing 3-1 as long as he scored the 1, very selfish bloke imo. 

How would you all value Ayew? I've seen some posts questioning the price and ability of guys like Hernandez, and the boy from Bristol, but at this point i would be happy with a straight swap for either of those guys (hyperthetically of course, I'm sure Bristol couldn't afford him). 

My main gripe with Ayew, apart from the selfish aspects, are that i just don't understand what he is. Whilst his appearances as a central striker have been very limited, he hasn't really impressed me when given the opportunity. He isn't a winger in the natural sense, he has ability of course he does, but as a member of a team? Not for me. 

Now I'll admit that i did sing his praises last year so i don't want to come across as hypocritical, or indeed reactionary after todays disappointment. I just think that in hindsight, in an absolute sea of sh#t last season, the simple fact that he tried probably blinded me to the fact that he simply isn't very good. 

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Would be a miracle to sell him for anything like what we paid.

As with all of the poor, waste of money signings Riley made last year. 

Ayew is the same as the rest of them. The attitude isn't there, the ability isn't there, and the results aren't there.

Hopefully his agent can get him a move away.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Nice to see you on here Eastie, not seen you around in a long time.

Cheers Trent - hope you are keeping well . 

Have been taking a back seat on forums recently but will be around more now.

Ayew really infuriates me as a player , he is greedy and moody and his temperament is questionable at best . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

He seems to walk around sulking when the ball isn't in play or its miles away from him but his actual work rate when needed seems good to me. Last week v Derby I remember him making a number of tracking runs, winning the ball back etc. My issue is that he isn't passing the ball when he should and holds onto it for way too long, he has had a number of chances in games to put McCormack in and hasn't and it's very frustrating to watch.

I don't know if I would get rid because he's up there with McCormack & Grealish in terms of actual ability, he drifts passed defenders and keeps the ball well. I feel our overall team performances would be better without him though and making McCormack the key player, I think they are too similar. It's almost like he's still in last season's mentality which for him seemed to be 'I could pass to one of my team mates, but I have a better chance of scoring by taking on 4 defenders' which was probably true but now he needs to become more of a team player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

Didn't seem to bother to celebrate when Grelish scored, just started walking back whilst everyone else went to Jack. Moody and selfish.

Im sure this was covered here at the time but the other week Elphick had to force him to go and clap the fans after the game.

Â