Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Well, up top on your own against City, you'll have to be a hell of a player to get much change out of that set up. He did OK, but I'd have liked to have seen him make more of a nuisance of himself, perhaps could have put himself about a bit more and applied more pressure, but again, very hard game for him.

It's not clear he can play as a number 9 but we will only find out given a run of games, and letting have more of a chance to play the position, especially against weaker sides than City.

Thought he was a bit anonymous myself

Can I ask, were you at the game?

It's not a loaded question. Only he ran and ran and ran, often with very little to show for it and very little service. He defended from the front, which is a thankless task if you're watching on TV but much appreciated by those around me in The Holte End.

He's not damaged his reputation today at least.

Was watching on TV, but good to hear he put in a performance.

• Like 1

It's not a loaded question. Only he ran and ran and ran, often with very little to show for it and very little service. He defended from the front, which is a thankless task if you're watching on TV but much appreciated by those around me in The Holte End.

Was watching on TV, but good to hear he put in a performance.

That's cool. Like I say, genuinely wasn't loaded. More a shift than performance, but it all counts.

He did show more of that first touch though which has me drooling. It's so important at this level. He's a better first touch than Benteke for example, we need to learn to utilise that.

I love him.

• Like 1

Can only echo this post. He worked his nuts off today, held the ball up and linked up well with the midfield. He kept Kompany and Otamendi honest while he was on the pitch which was very good. 

Very decent game as with all our team today.

• Like 1

Thought he did well today against excellent defenders.

It was interesting he wasn't pressing high on the defenders but was dropping deep then pressing, obviously under instruction to do so, imagine that a player being given specific instructions. 

Â