Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

So it's somewhere between €12m and €14m. That's as good a guess as we are going to get I think.

Seems to have a bit of tude this kid no? I can understand him trying to force their hand, sounds like they gave him a rough ride, but not in public son. I didn't like it when Benteke did it either and I never warmed to him as a person FWIW.

As a player though I'm very intrigued.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

The impetuousness of youth perhaps? He's only 23, in the life of a footballer that's practically middle aged (!) but in real life he's pretty young. I know what you mean though, he does seem to have a bit of a 'tude about him. I hope Tim and the older players can keep a bit of a close eye on him to avoid him becoming a distracting influence. On the pitch though, as long as he's smashing the goals in, I'm all smiles!

I know what you mean re Benteke too, I don't think that was the reason to me not warming to him as a person though, perhaps it was because I always expected him to leave. I didn't want to let myself get hurt again... *sniff*.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

So it's somewhere between €12m and €14m. That's as good a guess as we are going to get I think.

Seems to have a bit of tude this kid no? I can understand him trying to force their hand, sounds like they gave him a rough ride, but not in public son. I didn't like it when Benteke did it either and I never warmed to him as a person FWIW.

As a player though I'm very intrigued.

I disagree entirely.

If you are told that you can go for x amount and then set your sights on another club that you've spoken with, can you imagine the frustration if that club then moves the goalposts and demands more? it is a below the belt trick and deserves exposing. I would have done exactly the same.

its entirely different to a club rejecting a bid and the player then demanding that the bid is accepted.

• Like 3

Dishing it in public was risky though. If it all goes through I think he can count himself fortunate the Lorient hierarchy didn't completely throw a wobbler and call it all off. Players are contracted to clubs at the end of the day.

Don't think Lorient would have pulled the plug. They tried to bully us failed somewhat. If they pulled out the player could have refused to go to any other team and they'd be stuck with an unhappy player. They tried and failed. Rather have a player WANTING to play for us and not as a stepping stone and wanting a payday!!

we dont seem to have put up much fight with the inflated fee, its like the club just accepted it

The fee being quoted at this stage seems to be the original agreement. I don't think we know the true figure yet. And as I speak, reports that it has not yet been agreed!!!!

It would be interesting to know the three clubs that called him to know who else was interested and who were making illegal approaches!

I would bet West Ham would be one of them

The impetuousness of youth perhaps? He's only 23, in the life of a footballer that's practically middle aged (!) but in real life he's pretty young. I know what you mean though, he does seem to have a bit of a 'tude about him. I hope Tim and the older players can keep a bit of a close eye on him to avoid him becoming a distracting influence. On the pitch though, as long as he's smashing the goals in, I'm all smiles!

I know what you mean re Benteke too, I don't think that was the reason to me not warming to him as a person though, perhaps it was because I always expected him to leave. I didn't want to let myself get hurt again... *sniff*.

:D  :D  :D

• Like 1

I don't know whether anyone has said this yet but he looks a lot older than 23 in his pictures.

• Like 1

I don't know whether anyone has said this yet but he looks a lot older than 23 in his pictures.

He's married. That'll have aged him.

• Like 4

well he was born in France and his father was a very famous footballer so he would be easy to research if you think any age tampering ;)

Very true and I'm sure age is checked as part of the transfer of any player from whatever country. I was just surprised, he looked much older than I had expected....more Gabby than Grealish.

Â