Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

I don't see him going on ridiculous goal sprees like Benteke was brilliant at but I think he'll be a steady scorer throughout the season.

It's easy to forgot with the injury Benteke had only scored two league goals last season up to the start of March.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh here but I always felt that Benteke wasn't as effective against the top sides-I think Adebayor will certainly give these teams something to think about. I also felt Benteke was a liability when defending corners-He certainly cost us goals in that first season. I think Adebayor will be a bigger asset in this area as well.

Yes Benteke was a liability at actually marking his man! Never understood why we didn't just place him by the front post like MON did with Carew, it's amazing how many corners don't make the 6 yard box if you have someone there.

Benteke's record was very good against the top teams, only big one he didn't score against was Man. City.

I imagine Adebayor will be fired up for games v City and especially Arsenal, just a shame he'd be cup tied for the Spurs games with it being a loan.

Kozak will get 7-8 I reckon, Ayew a similar number, Gabby will get his usual 5 against Sunderland, West Brom and away to Liverpool. Would like to think Grealish will chip in with a couple.

Yeah 30 goals from the strikers/attacking players and then 20 from rest of team is what I want, 50 goals.

If we sign Jordan Veretout he could easily get half a dozen goals.  If I was a betting man I would bet on Ayew being our top goal scorer. Young and hungry unlike Adebayor. 

Edited by PaulC

Its a terrible transfer and by January he will want to go back to London. Just saying. Ginola part 2.

Nothing like Ginola signing.

Wasn't Ginola signed by Ellis, Gregory the manager at the time didn't want him. Sherwood on the other hand has managed Adebayor before and they obviously have a rapport.

Past it player being offloaded by Spurs to Villa  in double quick time? I think it's pretty similar....

When was the last time a big name player in his 30s has done well at Villa? McGrath?

Merson? Dion Dublin?

Brad Friedel

Kozak 15 goals, Ade 14 goals, Gabby 13 goals, Ayew 12 goals. Maybe not. Problem is they will not play all the games together, so averaging 10 goals each will be really good.

Ade 12

Ayew 8

Kozak 5

Gabby 3

I think is a realistic and conservative prediction for those lot. Gestede added to the equation would reduce someone else's number but may push the figures up overall.

A handful of goals from elsewhere in the team and that may be enough to keep us up

I definitely think we'll need Ade to be the main man.

I don't see him going on ridiculous goal sprees like Benteke was brilliant at but I think he'll be a steady scorer throughout the season.

It's easy to forgot with the injury Benteke had only scored two league goals last season up to the start of March.

Im sure I read Benteke only scored in 7 league games last season

Im sure I read Benteke only scored in 7 league games last season

I heard it was only 3.

Its a terrible transfer and by January he will want to go back to London. Just saying. Ginola part 2.

Nothing like Ginola signing.

Wasn't Ginola signed by Ellis, Gregory the manager at the time didn't want him. Sherwood on the other hand has managed Adebayor before and they obviously have a rapport.

Past it player being offloaded by Spurs to Villa  in double quick time? I think it's pretty similar....

When was the last time a big name player in his 30s has done well at Villa? McGrath?

Merson? Dion Dublin?

Brad Friedel

Point taken. But still not a fan of this transfer.

;) I was tickled by Andy Gray's comment on Talk Sport with regards to Adebayor

He picked up on Ray Wikins comment saying "he is some player when he's on it"

Andy was making reference to the " when he's on it" citing his inconsistency

I'm not sure if Andy has been watching Villa last season or in particular the games at Southampton and the cup final.

when it comes to ANY of our players being " on it" we can't get too choosey, because most of the time most of them are not " on it"......so according to Andy he should fit in well. ;)

Edited by TRO

Ade 12

Ayew 8

Kozak 5

Gabby 3

I think is a realistic and conservative prediction for those lot. Gestede added to the equation would reduce someone else's number but may push the figures up overall.

A handful of goals from elsewhere in the team and that may be enough to keep us up

I definitely think we'll need Ade to be the main man.

With someone like Gil slipping him in effectively (giggity) that's when he becomes dangerous. Sherwood has already said Gil will be playing more so I'd expect Gabby to be scoring more than last season with relative ease. 

60k p/w & 3m to Spurs, according to a journo I know who reports on them.

Geez that is very high if true, so basically the 3m to Spurs means we are essentially paying his entire wages (indirectly) and a little extra.  Seems overly generous if Spurs are really that desperate to be rid of him, and from what I can see there doesn't appear to be a queue of clubs behind us looking to take him on...

Geez that is very high if true, so basically the 3m to Spurs means we are essentially paying his entire wages (indirectly) and a little extra. Seems overly generous if Spurs are really that desperate to be rid of him, and from what I can see there doesn't appear to be a queue of clubs behind us looking to take him on...

If accurate and I doubt very much that it is.

• Like 1

Geez that is very high if true, so basically the 3m to Spurs means we are essentially paying his entire wages (indirectly) and a little extra. Seems overly generous if Spurs are really that desperate to be rid of him, and from what I can see there doesn't appear to be a queue of clubs behind us looking to take him on...

If accurate and I doubt very much that it is.

So we are paying 6million for a 1 year loan for a lazy git who may or may not turn up?  Doubt it very very much.

Very much doubt this  -  Spurs are desperate to get his wages off their books.  We'll be paying a proportion of his wages at most.  I'll all end in tears anyway!