Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

The risk with Adebayor is that he will probably score about 20 goals for us this season.  I really have no doubt on this, but then we will probably sign him on a 5 year deal next summer and he will be back to his old self again.  Big risk :)

I think we've learnt our lesson about giving 30+ year olds huge wages on long contracts.

hope we've learnt our lesson about giving 30+ year olds huge wages on long contracts.

Please tell me we've learnt our lesson about giving 30+ year olds huge wages on long contracts?!

:unsure:

I get the impression that Tom Fox is better at this than Paul Faulkner.

ive just heard, this could be done today, he IS in the midlands today. it is a loan deal. ill happily fall on my sword if it doesn't happen today. but just passing it on.

We have a new ITK!

I liked Paul. Still do, he's a nice guy, but that doesn't mean I can't say that Fox has done a cracking job since coming in.

1 year loan with an option to cancel the loan in January would be super. He's the type of player that only plays when he has to, when it suits him or when he has a point to prove. Another Mark Viduka. If we got ten good games out of him he'd be worth the loan fee. He just can't be relied on, ever.

I liked Paul. Still do, he's a nice guy, but that doesn't mean I can't say that Fox has done a cracking job since coming in.

Going off topic, but I've got a lot of time for Mr Fox. I've a mate, who has had some personal dealings with him very recently. He represented the club magnificently, and was very warm and gracious by all accounts. Top guy, and I've faith he can take this club forward.

I know his head's not all there but his scoring record is is still pretty good goals to games wise, even after the shooting and his family treating him like absolute shite. Let's make him feel loved and wanted here and we could see actual benefit from him. 

• Like 1

one bad signing out of 5 isnt and i guessas its only a loan thank god.

hope its only a one year deal only dont want this turd of a person here longer

Do you know the guy? Don't really get the hatred towards him. I understand the lazy thing but he always scores goals. When you finished 17th, are trying to rebuild and have a manager that knows how to get the best out of him, it's a no brained for me.

Its also pretty obvious TS isn't relying solely in him for goals.

The last Spurs reject we had (Timmy) appears to be proving me wrong and doing okay so lets see where this takes us.

Remember being excited we had bought Adrian Heath but he only lasted something like three games but he wasn't missed in the end

What a summer!! If someone had told me we'd have signed the likes of Sinclair (if you count him), Richards, Amavi, Gueye, Ayew and Adebayor in the same window with the likes of Crespo and Veretout likely on the way.. Did we all just wake up in some alternate reality where Aston Villa are actually a Top 4 side and have the pulling power to get anyone?  

Id have said.....Sinclair...good, Richards...great, I dont seem to know this one, nor him, is he my dentist? ....ahhh Adebayor.....WTF!  Crespo, isnt he 50? and finally....no, not him either.

Sherwood rates him and can motivate him to play well. Good enough for me, especially if its a short deal or loan.

agree with this. as long as we can get him playing at/near his full potential he might just end up being a good asset for us next season.

Will be playing for a final big contract which is only good news for us as long as we then dont give it to him. When hes on form (wants to play) hes is top draw and very unplayable. Hes tall and can score all kinds of goals as well as being a good footballer.

Good signing for one season.