Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

He will not want to come here to be back up.  From back up at Spurts to back up at Villa? Yeah thats going to happen

Whilst I disagree with you Richard about Adebayor being a shit signing I 100% agree with this, if he does come to Villa (which I think he will by next week) he will be the main striker. There is no way he will be back up, Sherwood made him the main man in his time at Spurs and got him to perform. If we bring in Adebayor and leave him on the bench then that would be ridiculous as his arse would be in his hands and we would be wasting 50-75k per week

If he is our main striker god help us, nailed on relegation in my eyes. Cant rely on a 31 year old whose best days are past him.

If this is our main "goal machine" for the season we are in big trouble

• Like 3

If he is our main striker god help us, nailed on relegation in my eyes.

Ah, the silly silly things that get said in July that often come back to bite the next May!

If you look at the start of most transfer threads there is always stuff like this.

• Like 2

If he is our main striker god help us, nailed on relegation in my eyes. Cant rely on a 31 year old whose best days are past him.

If this is our main "goal machine" for the season we are in big trouble

well 31 is not too old, as we know different managers get different performances from players. You only have to look at the performances Sherwood got out of players who were playing poorly under Lambert including Benteke

I'm fairly confident that he'd deliver as much as Benteke did in terms of goals if he's our leading forward this season, he won't have the same level of impact on a game for us, but I'm sure he will be scoring around the 12 goal mark in the league. 

In the short term he's a good signing for us, the only thing I'd be cautious about is the structure of the deal. Anything more than £5m is too much, and the contract length shouldn't be more than a couple of years. 

• Like 1

I'm fairly confident that he'd deliver as much as Benteke did in terms of goals if he's our leading forward this season, he won't have the same level of impact on a game for us, but I'm sure he will be scoring around the 12 goal mark in the league. 

In the short term he's a good signing for us, the only thing I'd be cautious about is the structure of the deal. Anything more than £5m is too much, and the contract length shouldn't be more than a couple of years.

I agree I think he would do ok short term. I wouldn't offer him a deal past that though even if he was a success.

Ah, the silly silly things that get said in July that often come back to bite the next May!

If you look at the start of most transfer threads there is always stuff like this.

In the previous transfer threads the core of our team was not missing with only 2 - 3 weeks before the start of the season though

I dont see how this is silly? Are you trying to tell me this guy is as good as Benteke? Seriously?

And we have lost three of our main players with no signs of replacements...yet. Of course this could all change but I think we have a reason to be fearful considering the dross last season.

Edited by Demitri_C

I dont see how this is silly? Are you trying to tell me this guy is as good as Benteke? Seriously?

And we have lost three of our main players with no signs of replacements...yet. Of course this could all change but I think we have a reason to be fearful considering the dross last season.

It's silly stating that if Adebayor is our main striker, we are nailed on for relegation. The issue with Adebayor isn't ability, never has been, even now on form he's quality. We have a manager who has proven how to get the best out of him and had a similar scoring record to Benteke albeit with better players around him of course. The thing here is, we cannot look at every striker and compare them to Benteke, he was a diamond and we'd have to possibly spend over 20m to get a like for like replacement. So we need to ask the question is Adebayor a better option than what we currently have? I think the answer to that is yes.

• Like 1

Well the way that I read briny_ear's message - I hope that it IS a silly thing as that will mean that come May we will have avoided relegation and Adebayor has banged in goals for fun for most of the season....

You are vehemently against Adebayor. You've referred to him as an oaf on several occasions. If you cannot consider the fact that maybe he isn't an oaf, but a short term fix who has a track history of scoring goals in the Premier League, in particular for our current manager, then we're fully aware of your position and you can only repeat yourself from here on out. 

• Like 3