Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He got good form out of El-Mohammady at Sunderland and Hull who gets plenty of crosses in so yes can see Amavi starting regularly.

He certainly hasn't been great this season but let's remember he was out for a long time with a serious injury and missed most of pre season so we will have to be patient.

Yes, and playing mostly as a sub hasn't helped him build any form or consistency since coming back. Think RDM has always preferred Cissokho, seeing him as more defensively solid option.  Amavi is still raw, but the kid is a a class act, he has all the attributes to be a top top player, he just needs to tighten his defensive game.  Maybe Bruce will help him do that and get the best out of him?  Be really good to have him back playing regularly - offers so much more than Cissokho going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I didn't go to the game but from what I've read and heard, Amavi had his best game since his injury. I hope he keeps it up and makes that LB spot his own. 

He was solid defensively. I actually though he could be bombing forward taking players on more, as that how I seem to remember his old performances, but we cant be sure what instructions he was given by Brucey. You could see the confidence coming back to him throughout the game, I think we will see some very good performances from him soon if he is given a run.

• Like 2

On 24 September 2016 at 18:01, Woodytom said:

So rubbish it's untrue. Yet if you don't think he's good you know nothing about football........ ok.

Getting better and better with each passing game! Looking fitter and sharper and today definitely his best game since his injury. Thought he was solid. It's almost as if he needed time to recover from the worst injury a footballer can get!!

Must admit I really wasn't too impressed, did some good things and did some bad things. His quality on the ball in advanced positions was pretty poor and was very suspect in the build up for their goal. But he did make some decent interceptions and blocks. However, hardly a very good game as some are making out. 

Â