Micah Richards

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That bacuna back pass to no one from the middle of the opposition's half with lescott and Richards walking in treacle trying to get back during a dicking at home to Southampton (?)

Your love of football was tested that day 

Didn't we lose, like, six-nil or something that day? I can remember Bacuna's backpass well; it was the worst, laziest, most pathetic moment I've seen from a Villa player. The rest of the match I've largely blanked from memory thank god. 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That bacuna back pass to no one from the middle of the opposition's half with lescott and Richards walking in treacle trying to get back during a dicking at home to Southampton (?)

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Didn't we lose, like, six-nil or something that day? I can remember Bacuna's backpass well; it was the worst, laziest, most pathetic moment I've seen from a Villa player. The rest of the match I've largely blanked from memory thank god. 

I believe (and i’d really rather not look it up to confirm) that the 6-0 defeat and Bacuna pass was against Liverpool?

Southampton we lost 4-2 I think, bizarrely our two goals were from Westwood if I recall correctly. The Southampton game was one of the protest group games - banners out on ‘74 which was was when we happened to run into each other Hanoi.

Anyway, Micah. Can’t pretend to offer too much for a heartfelt goodbye so I won’t.

But just so it’s not all an utter shit fest in here, I’ll say he seemed to give a shit for a little while in that relegation season. His celebration following his goal against Watford struck me as someone who was trying to rally people. And when things were going sour with the supporters in that FA cup game in which Lescott & Guzan we’re accused of pissing about on the bench, he had the guts to go over and try and appease the irate supporters, which showed some character at least.

That’s more or less it. Oh and he was a cracking Father Christmas. 

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

He's the perfect example of old owners making mistakes, not doing enough background checks, and spending too much money on a contract.

When we look at signings in the future, it has to be the absolute opposite.

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I believe (and i’d really rather not look it up to confirm) that the 6-0 defeat and Bacuna pass was against Liverpool?

Southampton we lost 4-2 I think, bizarrely our two goals were from Westwood if I recall correctly. The Southampton game was one of the protest group games - banners out on ‘74 which was was when we happened to run into each other Hanoi.

You're absolutely right, I'm mixing up two matches. I don't think I actually went to any of the games during that protest; just handed out the flyers and went home, which I think was in my mind justified by not wanting to give the club a penny while it was owned by Randy Lerner, but was really an unwillingness to watch us get mullered every week. I definitely saw that backpass on Match of the Day rather than live, and it was bad enough on TV, must have been even worse live. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

In fairness could put the best 10 playmakers in last 10 years and none could make such a perfect pass

Amazingly, I’ve seen loads of people on twitter sticking up for Richards, and defending him when people have said good riddance :wacko:

All this talk of ‘we’ll have gotten his wages back through insurance when he hasn’t been fit enough to play’. Oh, we’ll build him a statue then

36 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Amazingly, I’ve seen loads of people on twitter sticking up for Richards, and defending him when people have said good riddance :wacko:

All this talk of ‘we’ll have gotten his wages back through insurance when he hasn’t been fit enough to play’. Oh, we’ll build him a statue then

We haven’t got the wages back because it was a pre-existing condition, we knew about it when we signed him!

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We haven’t got the wages back because it was a pre-existing condition, we knew about it when we signed him!

That’s good to know (for ammunition, not for the fact we’ve been f**ked!)

I’ve just seen a very popular Villa twitter page posting that we couldn’t release him because it would invalidate the insurance of getting his wages back. That sounds like the biggest load of tripe I’ve ever read.

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

That’s good to know (for ammunition, not for the fact we’ve been f**ked!)

I’ve just seen a very popular Villa twitter page posting that we couldn’t release him because it would invalidate the insurance of getting his wages back. That sounds like the biggest load of tripe I’ve ever read.

Absolute cobblers.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Absolute cobblers.

“I’ve written my car off, but I still have 3 years left of finance to pay. I know, I’ll continue to pay the finance off before I make a claim on the insurance. Don’t want to invalidate it, n’ all that.”

:crylaugh:

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

“I’ve written my car off, but I still have 3 years left of finance to pay. I know, I’ll continue to pay the finance off before I make a claim on the insurance. Don’t want to invalidate it, n’ all that.”

:crylaugh:

Which account on Twitter?

Â