Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Incredibly nice guy but has been stealing a wage (our fault not his) for years now. Injury nightmare and content to just give up on himself.  

I don't hate him whatsoever, I find the situation incredibly frustrating. Annoyed that he never pushed himself and annoyed we allowed this situation to faster. I do hate the muppets that gave him the deal. All the best but thank the lord he is gone (in a nice way) and we can put this mistake behind us. 

Edited by Ingram85

Thank fook he's gone

I heard that he is physically unable to play due to his knees - surely if that was the case wouldn't Villa have had some kind of insurance cover against that? 

53 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thank fook he's gone

I heard that he is physically unable to play due to his knees - surely if that was the case wouldn't Villa have had some kind of insurance cover against that? 

Trent has intimated that he was done years ago and we didn't do a thorough medical so we signed him. 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2018 at 12:26, TrentVilla said:

I'm a little conflicted on Micah Richards.

On the one hand there is the account from OBE, which I don't dispute as I know its the opinion of some within the club.

But on the other I find it a little hard to see it as a positive about him as an individual as frankly that is my expectation of any player, that some fall short of that doesn't for me mean that those that don't should receive praise.

We pay him a significant amount of money each week for a job that he isn't able to do, that isn't his fault but I'm not about to praise the guy for not being problematic around the place while picking up huge wages for doing next to nothing.

The reality is he was told, I believe, a long time ago his career was over and options were discussed. I was led to believe he refused to take them because he still believed he could get another contract elsewhere after Villa. As a Villa fan I find that hugely frustrating in the era of FFP, the money we are paying him could be put to better use (or wasted as is so often the case) but I don't blame him for not retiring or walking away from his contract. Clubs enter these agreements, they can't then expect players to walk away from them when things go wrong, I'm fairly sure 99% of us wouldn't do so in their position either.

I do though question the view of Richards the great pro, that wasn't what I saw from him in our relegation season. I saw a player that gave the impression much like Lescott that he wasn't all that bothered.

He isn't in the Lescott or N'Zogbia category, not even close but I would be lying if I said I can't wait to see the back of him and to have him off the wage bill.

He will go down as one of the worst signings we've made.

From 5 months ago Trent hit the nail on the head 

• Like 2

On 12/06/2015 at 00:16, villa4europe said:

When was he top quality? As a yoof at city? He was hyped to death, his flaws were there for everyone to see, he's let himself rot on city's bench happily taking home a huge pay cheque, he's also got a shocking injury record

I'm hopeful he sees this as last chance saloon and makes a good go at it, and that tim sees him as a RB rather than a CB

More than a few people seem to be remembering what he was as a prospect rather than what he now is as a finished article

Yep hindsight...

think you could do a real in depth analysis of him and use him as a very good example of what was wrong with young English players in the premier league and the made it culture, fortunately this new generation is looking like they've moved on from the likes of Richards and we might have a chance of doing something

45 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

From 5 months ago Trent hit the nail on the head 

It's funny how I seem to have blanked Lescott playing for us from memory, because that post just reminded me of it.

Dark days.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's funny how I seem to have blanked Lescott playing for us from memory, because that post just reminded me of it.

Dark days.

That bacuna back pass to no one from the middle of the opposition's half with lescott and Richards walking in treacle trying to get back during a dicking at home to Southampton (?)

Your love of football was tested that day 

Â