Women's world cup 2015

StefanAVFC

A very disappointing final with too many glaring errors to silence the doubters.

The Japanese lost the game in the opening minutes after some nightmare defending, even Villa might blush at, and they never really got their passing game going.

It has to be said that England would have given the Americans a better game than that but America definitely looked like the best team in the tournament.

Over all a very pleasing World Cup.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

Bbc getting moaned out because of a deleted tweet... Bit silly what they released but watch all the ultra PC kick up a fuss

Did have to think of this though..

It has to be said that the sentiments were hilariously badly expressed in the Tweet.

Our Lionesses go back to being mothers, partners and daughters today, but they have taken on another title - heroes.

You can see what he's trying to do, in contrasting the extraordinary with the mundane but totally screws up.

I think the 'daughters' is where it all goes wrong. 

But the PC brigade failed too by not asking the question as to why women's football is so white and middle-class.

Just seen the goal from the half way line

That's "world class" in the same way that Rooney vs west ham was, she hasn't even placed it that well, it's not like it's right over her head and hitting a high part of the net, it's low and saveable, that's a GK mistake

reminded me of the Alonso goal vs newcastle in that I think keeper off balance and slipped while making her way back into the goal

still its not easy to hit the target from so far no matter who you are

Yeah that's the same, that's gone in because of the keeper not because of Alonso

Might just be me I'm not a huge admirer of goals simply because of the distance, apart from probably petrov because of the amount of technique required to hit the ball in the way he did, that's the best one out of the lot but is largely ignored

First person that tried it was Pele in 1970 I think. Whats amazing more than anything is that its a woman that kicked the ball that distance. Yes the goalkeeper maybe should have saved it but it still showed good vision and i don't agree that the standard of women's football is poor. Its what it is and shouldn't be judged alongside the mens game. 

Edited by PaulC

Â