Women's world cup 2015

StefanAVFC

The only way one can succeed in football is to punish your opponent's mistakes.

Hmmmmm. Couldn't disagree any more with that. Sure it is a part of the game, but I'd say it's much smaller than beating your opponent fair and square by simply being "better". Unforced errors, at the top level in the men's game at least, are increasingly rare.

but nearly every goal is an error though. A lot of them small but errors. If Chelsea concede Mourinho will pinpoint the place the goal was conceded through bad positioning or a bad pass halfway up the pitch

How often does a player at the top level genuinely "misplace" a pass rather than the opposition forcing the error, or cutting the pass out? Even with defensive errors, how many of those are genuine ricks rather than the defender simply being gotten the better of due to opponent pressure or skilful play? Falling over in the box is one thing, being beaten for pace or positioning is down to a lack of skill.

In my opinion of course...

ever seen this top level player try to defend ;)

_75063462_davidluiz_getty.jpg

Enjoyed the tournament for what it is and in some ways, the top teams do show improvement. Also interesting to notice that the average age on many teams were really low, specially for national teams. 

Yes, it's standard is pretty bad considering this is probably as good as it is right now. That's fine, there are many reasons as to why that is. Personally I find the most annoying thing is the errors or lack of concentration.

Too many simple mistakes and positioning errors or where players don't act on things when they should. Flair and tempo is something you would expect to lack. 

It's just really boring in the long run, I can't see myself watching game after game of this. It's entertainment and if that's not there for you then what's the point? Do wish them all the best. 

It's also nice to see attractive players play but that won't keep me for 90 minutes. 

Â