Women's world cup 2015

StefanAVFC

So the semi-finals are England and the US vs Germany and Japan?

That has a familiar ring to it...

Expect the Germans to dominate for most of it and USA to snatch it in last 10 minutes

• Like 2

The USA v Germany match has been pacey and end-to-end and is shaping up to be worthy of the two top-ranked teams. Germany's keeper has already made key goal-line and breakaway saves. USA edging it on the balance of play, but barely.

1-0 to old glory.

Been a very well fought match so far and I've enjoyed it.

Standard of football is good but there is so much hesitancy on the ball and lack of ability to control properly, how many times has the ball run out of play because a player can't quite get themselves into position to control it despite it being quite simple to not let a ball go out.

Also, players falling over trying to stop the ball, ping pong eyes closed type hit and hope clearances, basic defending no-no's like letting the ball bounce twice in the box.

I guess these are things which will improve with development as the game gets more exposure hopefully. On the plus side, the standard of goalkeeping is a bit better now it's down to the better teams.

I'm looking forward to seeing how women's football develops over the next, say, 4-8 years? Interesting times ahead hopefully.

Edited by Ingram85

Germany will feel hard done by the referee's decisions, but that match was only ever going to end one way. USA dominated. Germany rode their luck against France but weren't able to count on the same breaks against the US.

Here we go! Looking forward to this. Hopefully the women can show the men how it's done. Tbf though they already have :)

Tash in the studio is a particularly miserable git, she doesn't seem to like Trevor Sinclair being there.

Don't get me wrong, shed get it despite the overt lesbian overtones but she seems to resent a man being involved in the studio stuff. Either that or Sinclair is just unlikable.

Are people getting excited about this over in the UK?

Press coverage is really good.

I think it's a shame with the time difference, even 9pm or 10pm kick off and you'd be getting really good ratings as respectable as they are for midnight games.

Don't get me wrong, shed get it despite the overt lesbian overtones but she seems to resent a man being involved in the studio stuff. Either that or Sinclair is just unlikable.

I did chuckle at I think the Times describing Sinclair as the token man on the female panel.

Are people getting excited about this over in the UK?

The media are more excited than the masses.

That's why I figured. Reading bbc online makes out that people are excited for the "Lionesses."  I guessed it might be a bit more hype rather than truth. 

Â