The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Are you labelling those that voted for him as belonging in either of those stereotypes and couldn't possibly be previous Labour voters? 

No, I'm describing the two different campaign leaflets that he produced and used in different parts of the constituency. I expect that a very large percentage of people who voted for him previously voted Labour.

GHjLAYhW0AALEXC?format=jpg&name=large

GHg8B-3XcAAYK29?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by ml1dch

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

No, I'm describing the two different campaign leaflets that he produced and used in different parts of the constituency. 

GHjLAYhW0AALEXC?format=jpg&name=large

GHg8B-3XcAAYK29?format=jpg&name=large

Who do you think voted for him? 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

You posted while I was editing my post - "I expect that a very large percentage of people who voted for him previously voted Labour".

But I'm not sure that's really a point of contention is it?

Just now, ml1dch said:

You posted while I was editing my post - "I expect that a very large percentage of people who voted for him previously voted Labour".

But I'm not sure that's really a point of contention is it?

Sorry - yep agree. I suppose I’m in a state of agitation as I know we are now going to see a lot of denial and disowning of this result by Labour. And most likely be told good patriotic Labour voters didn’t turn out, whilst bad folks who protest against Israel voted. 

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sorry - yep agree. I suppose I’m in a state of agitation as I know we are now going to see a lot of denial and disowning of this result by Labour. And most likely be told good patriotic Labour voters didn’t turn out, whilst bad folks who protest against Israel voted. 

Yup, and given the turnout was (surprisingly) strong, anyone trying that particular line should be taking to task on it. 

However, the official line will be "there wasn't a Labour candidate on the ballot for them to vote for". Politicians tend not to like blaming the voters themselves. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm not sure it's particularly controversial to say different things to different communities as long as what you're saying in one doesn't directly contradict the other. In one he campaigns on stuff that would be pretty standard stuff in a lot of the country (Hospitals, Public Services, Business, Football etc) along with a couple of things more specific to Rochdale (grooming gangs) and a wedge issue (trans) but says nothing of Israel/Palestine. In the other he basically wastes a sheet of paper on a single issue which to me suggests he thinks that demographic are far more interested in what's going on 3000 miles away than what's happening with their local maternity hospital...it might be so, but I doubt it and it's very simplistic.

The fact he won suggests he at least him some of the right notes in that constituency though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blandy said:

How does it show that?  Genuine question. There was no Labour candidate standing. The prospective Labour candidate was hooded out of labour for spouting conspiracy theory bollex, but it was too late to pick a different one. The Green candidate was similarly hoofed. Galloway is a populist and previously hoofed for being antisemitic, there was a Tory who, well, is Tory and various other unsuitable numpties. The voters had no good choices. It's a mess,b but not really reflective (IMO) of what you say.

Ah I didn't know that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Make Rochdale great... Again?!

I just googled "what is wrong with Rochdale" and I kid you not one of the first headlines I saw was.....

Jury warned to beware of prejudice due to Rochdale’s reputation for grooming

It should be make Rochdale wait again 

4 minutes ago, Jon said:

I'd have voted for him.  

Due to his attitude to the trans community or his constant reference to the Fiends of Israel or his unwavering support for Putin?

• Like 2

Primarily on the Israeli genocide issue.  Hopefully it sends a message to the main parties (which the tories will obviously ignore) that a tougher, different stance needs to be taken on that issue.  The situation come election day will hopefully be very different anyway but he's reflecting current sentiment IMO. 

Just now, Jon said:

Primarily on the Israeli genocide issue.  Hopefully it sends a message to the main parties (which the tories will obviously ignore) that a tougher, different stance needs to be taken on that issue.  The situation come election day will hopefully be very different anyway but he's reflecting current sentiment IMO. 

Yes, on a single issue he can have very little impact on, agreed, the groundswell of support for a candidate willing to call out the hypocrisy of Sunak and Starmer on Palestine is something that will hopefully cause Starmer to have another rethink on whether he thinks mass punishment of civilians is acceptable.

Unfortunately, it has taken quite a gross character to get us here. But better they get the warning now than whenever the election is. There is a chance Sunak sees the potential for chaos and goes early on the GE, before Labour can trawl through the last 10 years of social media on all their candidates.

But unfortunately, as much as he may give a rousing bit of rhetoric on Gaza, he might also do the same on how short Zelensky is, or how he knows men are men or any of his other madnesses. 

If you were ever going to hold your nose and vote for him, it would probably be when he only has 7 or 8 months to embarrass you with your decision.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MCU said:

Sorry... which party does he represent?

The Workers Party of Britain.

Their 10 point manifesto actually makes a rousing read. 

Unfortunately, the actual people involved appear to be wrong uns.

• Like 1

Think this is the third by election he has won. At the next general election, he has been turfed out every time. See no reason to believe exactly the same not happening again. He’s an opportunistic charlatan. Still remember him saluting that great champion of human rights, Saddam Hussain. He’s just an echo chamber for his own prejudices.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MCU said:

Sorry... which party does he represent?

The George Galloway, Putin Apologist Word Removed Party of George Galloway Meeeooow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â