The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Opportunistic sadist he may well be (he is), I am hoping it sparks something in the Labour party that they can not rest on their laurels. The Palestine issue is not just a muslim issue as has been perceived. It will impact votes. Will it make a signficant dent in their GE hopes? Probably not but not sure they can take the risk of sitting on every fence from here until the election. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

The Palestine issue is not just a muslim issue as has been perceived. It will impact votes. Will it make a signficant dent in their GE hopes? Probably not but not sure they can take the risk of sitting on every fence from here until the election. 

That's probably about right. It's the sort of issue that won't change an election, but the sort of issue that could change a few seats. It'll definitely cause a messaging problem for a lot of Labour candidates in a General Election campaign. 

Notwithstanding his political views which are somewhat colourful, Galloway is a dreadful MP.  I think the last time he was in the house he had one of the worst attendances on record.

He clearly doesn't give two figs about his constituents, it is just one massive ego trip for him.  Cynics would say join the club I suppose.

Edited by The Fun Factory

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Notwithstanding his political views which are somewhat colourful, Galloway is a dreadful MP.  I think the last time he was in the house he had one of the worst attendances on record.

He clearly doesn't give two figs about his constituents, it is just one massive ego trip for him.  Cynics would say join the club I suppose.

3 hours ago, Jon said:

Primarily on the Israeli genocide issue.  Hopefully it sends a message to the main parties (which the tories will obviously ignore) that a tougher, different stance needs to be taken on that issue.  The situation come election day will hopefully be very different anyway but he's reflecting current sentiment IMO. 

Isn't that like voting for Brexit because you don't like the brown people coming over? Let loose a world of pain and shit because of one thing that bugs you and which ultimately makes everything worse. 

Just now, bickster said:

Nah it’s a little bit stranger than that, it’s voting for the apologist of numerous murderous dictatorial maniacs on the grounds that he's on a particular side in a particular war. But not only is he in the side of the Palestinians, he’s closely associated with Hamas, when I say closely associated I mean publicly  handing over bundles of cash to Hamas leaders and meeting high up Hamas “politicians.”

So when Galloway says he supports the Palestinians, he really means he supports Hamas. Just like he supported Salam Hussain and still support the Iranian regime and Vladimir Putin.

People get duped by him but they really shouldn’t be, it’s in plain sight his support for a whole multiplex of murderous bastards. George Galloway is a word removed of the highest order.

So actually voting for someone who advocates and funds war and murder to punish someone who hasn't called for an end to killing. 

What's not to like? 😩

• Like 2

BBC

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said the prime minister was right to "advocate unity and to condemn the unacceptable and intimidatory behaviour that we have seen recently".

He added: "This is something agreed across the parties and which we should all defend."

Should we just merge the two main political threads?

And then save paper, and get Starmer and Sunak to issue a single manifesto.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

BBC

Should we just merge the two main political threads?

And then save paper, and get Starmer and Sunak to issue a single manifesto.

It isn't far fetched to think something like this would happen, not the parties but I'm sure the people who run things in the background will work together to ensure the elite parties remain elite. A bit akin to the super League notion 

4 hours ago, blandy said:

Here’s a thing. There is an awful lot of intimidating behaviour and bitter division. In the extreme it’s led to the murder of 2 MPs, massive increases in antisemitism and islamaphobic incidents and attacks, violence and racism and all bad stuff like that. It started increasing with Brexit and has ramped up even more because of Hamas and Israel’s horrible government actions. It’s stoked by the Tories in particular, the likes of Braverman, Anderson, Patel, and then Yaxley Lennon and various other whoppers. Antivaxxers, 5G masts idiots…

For mainstream party leaders to actually agree it’s a **** disgrace shouldn’t lead to allegations of “they’re exactly the same”, irregardless of the fact that one of their parties is guilty of actively stoking it, while the leader looks the other way (at best) and the other is scared to say boo to a goose on most of it, but is too scared of media optics on some of it.

TL:DR. They’re nowhere near the same.

And how difficult would it have been for him to express something similar to what you’ve just said. You’re a bloke on a messageboard, he’s a barrister, a human rights lawyer, potentially our next PM, he literally has a team of professional speech writers.

’wot he said’ and an arrow pointing at rishi’s hollow words doesn’t cut it for me. 

Never thought the day would come when we’d have another stooge working for Iran and Russia in parliament again.

How long before George Galloway is evicted for calling Ukrainians nazis, spouts conspiracy theories about NATO and Israel in parliament or something of that order.

Something stinks in Rochdale. Maybe we can get CW in too, so the band can get back together?

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Never thought the day would come when we’d have another stooge working for Iran and Russia in parliament again.

How long before George Galloway is evicted for calling Ukrainians nazis, spouts conspiracy theories about NATO and Israel in parliament or something of that order (1) 

Something stinks in Rochdale. Maybe we can get CW in too, so the band can get back together? (2)

(1) Parliamentary privilege means that he's very unlikely to be removed for saying anything like that. Andrew Bridgen's been doing Covid vaccine conspiracy theories in Parliament for months now. Only two days ago he was calling for the reintroduction of the death penalty for anyone involved in the vaccine rollout.

(2) He's pretty much there already. He's deputy leader of Galloway's party. 

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

(1) Parliamentary privilege means that he's very unlikely to be removed for saying anything like that. Andrew Bridgen's been doing Covid vaccine conspiracy theories in Parliament for months now. Only two days ago he was calling for the reintroduction of the death penalty for anyone involved in the vaccine rollout.

(2) He's pretty much there already. He's deputy leader of Galloway's party. 

What if he’s found funding a terrorist organisation? It’s fairly well documented that he’s handed cash over to the leaders of Hamas and other organisations of Irans ‘axis of resistance’. He even brags about it on his parody of a ‘talkshow’.

Edited by magnkarl

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

What if he’s found funding a terrorist organisation? It’s fairly well documented that he’s handed cash over to the leaders of Hamas and other organisations of Irans ‘axis of resistance’. He even brags about it on his parody of a ‘talkshow’.

Then I imagine it'll be a matter for the police. If they're not interested in it, it's not going to be something that means he's not allowed to speak in Parliament. 

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Then I imagine it'll be a matter for the police. If they're not interested in it, it's not going to be something that means he's not allowed to speak in Parliament. 

Well yes quite, even if he was arrested for said offence, there will be a general election before it ever goes to trial. There’s also nothing he’d love more than the threat of legal action in a true Trump style to give him a new angle to campaign on in the next election.

On 01/03/2024 at 11:52, meregreen said:

Come the election, people will be more concerned with the cost of a loaf of bread than Gaza and Israel. That’s just the way it is.

Historically, people have been more concerned with whatever the papers tell them to be concerned about, it'll be small boats, Islamism and muck thrown at individuals.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Historically, people have been more concerned with whatever the papers tell them to be concerned about, it'll be small boats, Islamism and muck thrown at individuals.

Not this time, I seriously doubt there’s a genuine story out there that can save the Tories. They'll try but it won’t work

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not this time, I seriously doubt there’s a genuine story out there that can save the Tories. They'll try but it won’t work

Oh I don't think there's anything out there that can actually help them, they've become detached from the views of the actual electorate - but there will still be a raft of stories and issues that we're "supposed" to care about and very little mention of the price of bread.

• Like 2

Â