The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

On 01/03/2024 at 14:05, sidcow said:

Let loose a world of pain and shit 

I'm struggling to see how electing GG 'let's loose a world of pain and shit'. 

He'll very possibly be gone within 6 months.  

What this win does is send a clear message to the powers that be that people are not happy with their pussyfooting approach to the Israeli genocide.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jon said:

I'm struggling to see how electing GG 'let's loose a world of pain and shit'. 

He'll very possibly be gone within 6 months.  

What this win does is send a clear message to the powers that be that people are not happy with their pussyfooting approach to the Israeli genocide.

Do you not realise how much Galloway can achieve in however many months it is when he can legitimately say he’s an elected member of the British parliament. He’s scum

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do you not realise how much Galloway can achieve in however many months it is when he can legitimately say he’s an elected member of the British parliament. He’s scum

Genuine question, how much did he "achieve" in his previous twenty years or so? I didn't pay much attention to him.. He's got a list of controversies as long as your arm where he's spouted bollocks and everyone's condemned him, and we'll doubtlessly see more of the same, but I'd not expect it to amount to anything

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Genuine question, how much did he "achieve" in his previous twenty years or so? I didn't pay much attention to him.. He's got a list of controversies as long as your arm where he's spouted bollocks and everyone's condemned him, and we'll doubtlessly see more of the same, but I'd not expect it to amount to anything

His greatest achievement this time around is to show everyone else how many mouth breathing idiots live in Rochdale.

I thought the whole grooming case was damning enough, now they've elected someone who's literally on the payroll with two out of the three worst dictatorships in the world, on the back of said someone having a list as long your arm of previous idiocy.

Ah, nvm that he's on the take by both Russia and Iran and has a track record of praising some of the worst mental dictators in world history, he said something about genders and Gaza so we'll vote for him!

Edited by magnkarl

13 hours ago, ml1dch said:

It really depends on your definition of @bickster's "achieve". Him being there for for 3-10 months isn't going to lead to revolution, the overthrowing of Parliament or anything like that. So no, politically, there's no scenario where this leads to much changing at the next election. 

But socially? Parliament is a pulpit, we're in a different world to 2005 or 2012 and Galloway is going to use it. Back then, you didn't have terrible people sharing what he was saying with millions of stupid people worldwide saying "this is what the British parliament said today about Israel and Gaza", with clips of Galloway bloviating. He exists to make people hate each other, so he can make money off of it. And we're in an age where people who do that can make a lot more money off that sort of content than they could in 2005 or 2012, so he's going to do it lots more than he did. And the people who make money off that will keep throwing more tyres on the fire to keep it burning and people hating each other, so they make even more money. And the result is that a few dozen radicalised kids probably do something a bit stupid because they think they're fighting for Palestine.

As a comparable, it's a bit like when the Express quote Guy Verhofstadt's latest suggestion that King Charles should be replaced by a councillor from Leuven and a bunch of half-wits say "this is what the EU want to to do!". And all the dopey Brexit types get all excited. Only Galloway's types don't just get excited, they go and fire-bomb the office of the MP for Golders Green.

The achievement is going to be some of the worst people in the world making a lot more money for themselves and probably a few Jewish and Muslim lives are ruined that otherwise wouldn't have been, were people not so dim-witted as to treat George Galloway as anything other than one of the worst people in the world. He'll lose the seat at the General Election, but that doesn't mean that his presence in Parliament isn't an absolute disgrace. It's really no different to Farage or Griffin being elected. It doesn't mean the BNP are taking over, but him being there makes everything even worse than it was before. 

Yeah but Sunak and Starmer had to pause for a couple of seconds. 

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

While he divides opinion, I imagine pretty much everyone who isn't a prick will wish him the very best of luck.

Hope he takes the repulsive little goblin to the cleaners. 

Being as it’s Corbyn, I expect it'll be admit it was bollocks in public and say you're donating *suitable amount of money* to some Palestinian Aid charity. It’s what he usually does.

On 01/03/2024 at 11:52, meregreen said:

Come the election, people will be more concerned with the cost of a loaf of bread than Gaza and Israel. That’s just the way it is.

I think you'd be surprised.

Most people would have no idea about how the different party policies would affect the "price of bread".

21 minutes ago, Thug said:

I think you'd be surprised.

Most people would have no idea about how the different party policies would affect the "price of bread".

Yeah but they absolutely will know which party did completely f*** the money in their pockets

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah but they absolutely will know which party did completely f*** the money in their pockets

Yes of course, but people can be swayed by more emotive issues.

Look at the last general election.  Labour were making it absolutely clear that they were "for the many, not for the few" in terms of economy.

But got thumped on emotive issues. (I also know that many didn't 'trust' him with the economy... but that was based more on a smear campaign than anthing else)

I'm not saying you're wrong, and clearly things have worsened since then.  But I wouldn't say it's clear cut.  For example:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/886366/issues-facing-britain/

Which of the following do you think are the most important issues facing the country at this time?(June 2019 to February 2024)

You're absolutely right that the major concern is the economy with 50%

But this also means to the other 50% that it wasn't.

50% economy

44% Health

39% Immigration.

Some people (myself included) would prioritise other concerns because I have no faith that either party is going to make much difference to the economy. 

My main priority is that I hate the recent conservative rhetoric of trying to blame the vulnerable for their own catastrophic failures.  I think they are on a very dangerous course of causing civil unrest, and need to be gone.  Even if it means I have to pay more tax for the next decade.

Of course I understand that not everyone thinks like me, and maybe I'm foolish to think that anyone other than those in my circle of friends do think the same..

I hope that makes a little sense, even if you disagree?

• Like 1

Sister of Isabel. Bet family gatherings are fun after a wine or two.

This century's Decca and Unity Mitford.

Edited by ml1dch

On 04/03/2024 at 17:34, ml1dch said:

While he divides opinion, I imagine pretty much everyone who isn't a prick will wish him the very best of luck.

Hope he takes the repulsive little goblin to the cleaners. 

If we are Corbyn Vs Farage and slightly backing Corbyn, then that's the shitest moral standing you can imagine

Speaker of the House of Commons has had another great day. Following all the questions and debate on Hester and his words, the one person he didn’t acknowledge and allow to get a word in… was Dianne Abbott.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Speaker of the House of Commons has had another great day. Following all the questions and debate on Hester and his words, the one person he didn’t acknowledge and allow to get a word in… was Dianne Abbott.

Despite her clearly trying to catch his eye.

Another week of this fool's inadequate performance becoming the story, it's time for a VONC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Despite her clearly trying to catch his eye.

Another week of this fool's inadequate performance becoming the story, it's time for a VONC.

There is no such mechanism, the HoC can censure him and take other action but not get rid

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yet took a question from the ever moronic Mark Francois, poor.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

There is no such mechanism, the HoC can censure him and take other action but not get rid

Luckily, he doesn’t mind bending convention.

Â