The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

What's that got to do with anything, Tony?

55349617.jpg

agggh American spelling of Humour - permisison granted to shoot me

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Momentum vice-chair 'suspended by Labour' amid anti-Semitism row

The vice-chairwoman of pro-Corbyn group Momentum has been suspended by the Labour Party over controversial comments she made at a party training event, it has been reported.

Jackie Walker has faced criticism over comments made at the anti-Semitism event and on social media, and had been under pressure to quit.

Ms Walker told Channel 4: "I certainly wouldn't call myself an anti-Semite."

Labour said it did not comment on individual party memberships.

Earlier, the TSSA union said it would "seriously reconsider" its support for Momentum if Ms Walker remained in place and the group said its steering committee would meet on Monday to seek her removal.

But a spokesman for Momentum, the left-wing grassroots organisation set up in wake of Jeremy Corbyn's 2015 election as Labour leader, said: "Members of Momentum's steering committee are seeking to remove Jackie Walker as vice-chair of the committee."

Ms Walker was previously suspended by the Labour Party over comments made on social media in which she claimed that "many Jews (my ancestors too) were the chief financiers of the sugar and slave trade" but was re-admitted following an investigation.

But a leaked video emerged on Wednesday of her saying at an anti-Semitism training event: "I came here... with an open mind and I was seeking information and I still haven't heard a definition of anti-Semitism that I can work with". She also questioned why Holocaust Memorial Day was not more wide ranging.

Ms Walker later told Channel 4 News she was not challenging the definition of anti-Semitism but rather "wanted to be clear what we were talking about" at the training event.

Asked if she would describe herself as an anti-Zionist and not an anti-Semite, she said: "Yes. I certainly wouldn't call myself an anti-Semite as I am Jewish and my partner is Jewish."

...more on link

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

What's wrong with Diane Abbott? Educate me

I'd have thought the fact she's a racist would be enough without even having to go into her hypocrisy over schooling for her child

Edited by tonyh29
Edit think she only has 1 child
  • Like 3

racist because of this one tweet? ( quick google )

_57715869_abbott464.jpg

Not really an unreasonable statement as far as I can see. 

I'm not really a fan of hers, but the schooling thing I don't get either. I think you can champion the need for better state schools whilst also sending your own kids to private school. If you've got the choice and the means to send your kid somewhere with class sizes of 15 or one of 30+,  ( depending on her local options obviously ) I don't get the hypocrisy. Unless she's baited people specifically for their own backgrounds, in which case fair enough and ignore what I said. 

57 minutes ago, darrenm said:

She's a blowhard. Not the sharpest tool in the box. Corbyns problem is he's short of people who want to be in his shadow cabinet, so he's picking from a small pool of talent, sadly. He's got a capable person in to be shadow attorney general though.

• Like 3

She's done it a few times. Can't be arsed to look it up but she's comes out with stuff in casual conversation that if the words were switched would be resigning fodder. 

Fairly sure she's suggested Nigerians mums are better in some way than others? Imagine Leadsom saying English mums were better.

But most of all, she's just not very good. 

• Like 3

I liked her attempt to become the mayor of London by saying that we didn't need another white male in charge. I'm sure it'll be just male next time. And if a woman is next, well, it's about time there was a mayor named Diane.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

She appears to have no particular ability to be a shadow minister - she's made a few big fumbles, and landed no punches - and she has absolutely zero appeal outside of a very small group of voters based in London. She also seems to be very scandal-prone, and is a less than persuasive speaker. 

She's basically the logical endpoint of the process where a political party reelects a leader who received a vote of no confidence from 81% of his own MPs. 

• Like 4

She's the epitome of positive discrimination. If it was based purely on ability then she would have no career in politics 

• Like 2

Â